Strawberries are my favorite fruit. In fact, they’re one of my favorite foods. I love them! Who wouldn’t—they’re beautiful, practical, and versatile.
Strawberries make the perfect snack: you wash their red sweetness, put them in a container, and they’re ready to go anywhere. You can also dip them in just about anything for extra flavor. This little fruit can be made into smoothies, candies, cakes, pies, and salsas. One of my favorite treats to make from this fruit is my delicious Strawberry Muffins with Strawberry-Lemon Glaze.
- 1 & 2/3 C. Flour
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ C. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¾ C. Honey
- ½ C. Pureed Strawberries (about 4 oz.)
- 8 oz. Chopped Strawberries
- 1 C. Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Pureed Strawberries000
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with paper cups or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Puree strawberries.
- Mix dry muffin ingredients together (first 4 on the list) in medium to a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs.
- Add eggs, oil, vanilla, honey, and pureed strawberries to dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Stir in strawberry chunks just until blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 or 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely on a baker’s cooling rack before applying the glaze. *Muffins also taste delicious without the glaze!
*Yields about a dozen muffins.
Related: Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas
- Puree strawberries
- Mix strawberries and lemon juice into powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread on top of muffins.
These muffins taste great right out of the oven or the next day. Hope you enjoy them!
Related: Rasberry Orange Bites
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- 3 Tips on How To Be a Thoughtful Gift Giver - November 16, 2018
- 50 Gifts For The Person Who Has Everything - November 9, 2018
- 5 Items You Should Be Recycling - November 2, 2018
- DIY Body Butter - October 25, 2018
- Simple DIY Lip Balm - October 18, 2018
- Easy Rice Pudding - October 10, 2018
- Pumpkin Honey Muffins - October 3, 2018
- Slow Cooker Baked Apples - September 26, 2018
- Almond Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes - September 19, 2018
- Easy Plant Propagation - September 12, 2018