Strawberries are my favorite fruit. In fact, they’re one of my favorite foods. I love them! Who wouldn’t—they’re beautiful, practical, and versatile.
Strawberries make the perfect snack: you wash their red sweetness, put them in a container, and they’re ready to go anywhere. You can also dip them in just about anything for extra flavor. This little fruit can be made into smoothies, candies, cakes, pies, and salsas. One of my favorite treats to make from this fruit is my delicious Strawberry Muffins with Strawberry-Lemon Glaze.
- 1 & 2/3 C. Flour
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ C. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¾ C. Honey
- ½ C. Pureed Strawberries (about 4 oz.)
- 8 oz. Chopped Strawberries
- 1 C. Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Pureed Strawberries000
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with paper cups or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Puree strawberries.
- Mix dry muffin ingredients together (first 4 on the list) in medium to a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs.
- Add eggs, oil, vanilla, honey, and pureed strawberries to dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Stir in strawberry chunks just until blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 or 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely on a baker’s cooling rack before applying the glaze. *Muffins also taste delicious without the glaze!
*Yields about a dozen muffins.
Related: Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas
- Puree strawberries
- Mix strawberries and lemon juice into powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread on top of muffins.
These muffins taste great right out of the oven or the next day. Hope you enjoy them!
Related: Rasberry Orange Bites
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
Lisa is a mother of three lovely young women and is a new grandmother to a baby boy! She has been married to her high school sweetheart for more than thirty years. Lisa is originally from Dearborn Heights, Michigan, but has lived in the Tampa Bay area since 1984. Running a small business for over 25 years and raising a family has made for a busy, busy life with many ups and downs; it’s definitely been an adventure.
Lisa’s always involved in one project or another whether it’s work related or serving her community. She also recently went back to school to finish her bachelor’s degree in American Studies. Lisa tries to make every day a good day—that means learning something new, practicing kindness, and enjoying the present moment.