Strawberries are my favorite fruit. In fact, they’re one of my favorite foods. I love them! Who wouldn’t—they’re beautiful, practical, and versatile.
Strawberries make the perfect snack: you wash their red sweetness, put them in a container, and they’re ready to go anywhere. You can also dip them in just about anything for extra flavor. This little fruit can be made into smoothies, candies, cakes, pies, and salsas. One of my favorite treats to make from this fruit is my delicious Strawberry Muffins with Strawberry-Lemon Glaze.
- 1 & 2/3 C. Flour
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ C. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¾ C. Honey
- ½ C. Pureed Strawberries (about 4 oz.)
- 8 oz. Chopped Strawberries
- 1 C. Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Pureed Strawberries000
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with paper cups or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Puree strawberries.
- Mix dry muffin ingredients together (first 4 on list) in medium to large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs.
- Add eggs, oil, vanilla, honey, and pureed strawberries to dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Stir in strawberry chunks just until blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 or 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely on a bakers cooling rack before applying glaze. *Muffins also taste delicious without glaze!
*Yields about a dozen muffins.
- Puree strawberries
- Mix strawberries and lemon juice into powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread on top of muffins.
These muffins taste great right out of the oven or the next day. Hope you enjoy them!
That’s your favorite way to enjoy strawberries? Let me know in the comments below!
- DIY Makeup Remover Wipes - July 19, 2017
- Taking the Plastic Free July Challenge - July 7, 2017
- Berry and Greek Yogurt Dessert - July 1, 2017
- 11 Ways to Keep Mosquitoes Away - June 23, 2017
- Korean Style Spinach Salad - June 17, 2017
- Veggie and Feta Pasta Salad - June 9, 2017
- 3 Tips on Socializing at Parties - June 2, 2017
- 3 Tips to Make Transition and Change Easier - May 20, 2017
- 10 Flowering Plants Toxic to Dogs & Cats - April 21, 2017
- 5 Ways to Keep Birds Safe and Healthy - April 14, 2017