I’m always in search of a yummy treat that I can serve my toddler, he’ll taste it, and he’ll actually want a second bite of it. This raspberry orange roll is adapted from a cranberry orange recipe I came across while on the hunt for something new. This Raspberry Orange Bites recipe came about mostly because I didn’t have cranberries on hand so the Raspberry Orange Bite was born.
I love making mini bites or mini muffins because they’re the perfect size for my toddler’s tiny hands. These particular bites have very few ingredients, which is my favorite ways to cook, and they’re ready to eat in 6 simple steps.
Raspberry Orange Bites Ingredients:
- 1 Can of Original Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup Raspberries, fresh
- 2 oz. Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Orange, zest
- 2 tbsp. Powdered Sugar (optional topping)
Related: 10 DIY Summer Popsicles
Raspberry Orange Bites Directions:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine raspberries, cream cheese and orange zest.
- Roll out your dough onto a large cutting board. Use a pizza cutter to make 2 horizontal cuts, one on each side of the perforated cut that runs down the middle. Next, make 4 vertical cuts, 2 on each side of the perforated cut that runs down the middle. This makes a total of 24 squares.
- Next, spray Pam in mini muffin pan. Try this silicon tray for muffins too- there’s no need for liners, which is great for the environment. Using your fingers, gently spread each crescent roll square before laying one in the muffin tin.
- Drop a dollop of your raspberry orange mixture in.
- Fold the Crescent Roll edges over just slightly covering the fruit mix.6. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven, use a powdered sugar shaker to light dust the tops of each Raspberry Orange Bite.
You might also like: Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas
Since my little J is going through a fussy stage where he won’t even look at a vegetable, I threw some kale, chia and flax seeds into the mixture at the last minute.
This simple recipe is a great snack with little to no added sugar so you can enjoy it in the morning or at snack time. They’re also a perfect addition to any bridal or baby shower! This recipe yields about 24 rolls so you can freeze whatever you don’t eat right away. I use my Food Saver for everything and I love it! Pop them in the microwave for about 10 seconds and violá, ready to enjoy!
Related: Broccoli & Cheese Puffs
Related: 5 Overnight Oatmeal Recipes
What are your favorite kind of mini muffins or bite? Share any new recipes in the comments below.
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under a Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
Like my blue prep bowls? You can buy them on Amazon.
- DIY Party Photo Frame - October 16, 2017
- DIY Bride-To-Be Pin - October 9, 2017
- DIY Calming Glitter Jar - October 2, 2017
- DIY Recycling Center - September 25, 2017
- Raspberry Orange Bites - September 18, 2017
- Target Dollar Spot Fall Décor Finds - September 13, 2017
- Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole - September 4, 2017
- DIY Cars Theme Cake Pop Stand - August 28, 2017
- 10 Affordable Fashion Items to Work into Your Wardrobe - August 21, 2017
- How to Survive a Long Car Ride with Your Kids - August 14, 2017