This Broccoli & Cheese Puffs recipe is one of my quickest, go-to bite-sized snacks that my toddler loves. They don’t take a lot of effort or forethought. They’re so tasty, I’ve been known to sneak a few myself.
- 12 Green Giant Broccoli Cheese Veggie Tots, cut in half (find these in the frozen vegetable aisle at your local grocery store)
- 1 Tube Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Cooked Bacon Crumbles, 2 Strips (optional)
- 24 Mini Muffin Pan
- Pizza Cutter
- Non-stick Spray
- Large Cutting Board
Yields 24 Mini Puffs
Prep Time-10 minutes
Bake Time-10 minutes
Ready in 20 minutes
Preheat oven to 350° F.
To make the crust, spread Pillsbury Crescent Rolls onto a large cutting board. Use a pizza cutter to make 2 horizontal cuts, one on each side of the perforated cut that runs down the middle. Next, make 4 vertical cuts, 2 on each side of the perforated cut that runs down the middle. This makes a total of 24 squares.
Next, spray non-stick in a mini muffin pan. Using your fingers, gently spread each crescent roll square before laying one in each muffin tin.
Then drop a Broccoli Cheese Veggie Tot in, add bacon crumbles (optional), and fold the Crescent Roll edges over just slightly covering the tot.
Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and drop a small finger full (approximately 1/2 tbs.) of shredded cheddar on top. Place back in the oven for a minute until cheese is slightly melted.
Serve and enjoy! I store my extra Broccoli and Cheese Puffs in the freezer using a Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer (I use this one from Amazon), a must-have for any mom who loves to make toddler bite-sized snacks.
Have you tried my Broccoli & Cheese Puffs? If so, share your experience in the comments below.
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- Teaching Your Child to Count to 10 in Spanish - January 15, 2019
- Teaching Your Child Their Phone Number - January 8, 2019
- Christmas Tree Magnet - December 21, 2018
- Christmas Tree Handprint Ornament - December 11, 2018
- DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree - December 3, 2018
- Thanksgiving Turkey Wind Blower - November 20, 2018
- Thanksgiving Turkey Magnet - November 13, 2018
- Feed the Turkey- Fine Motor Development Game - November 6, 2018
- Underground Discoveries-Letter U Sensory Bin - October 29, 2018
- No-Hassle Racecar Box Halloween Costume - October 15, 2018