This is my all-time favorite salad! It can be served in the summer, spring, fall, or winter. I’m making it in honor of Father’s Day for my husband because I got this recipe from his late Mother many years ago. To be exact, it was 1983. She gave me the recipe so I could bring this dish to a family Fourth of July party. I still have (and use) the original piece of scrap paper that she wrote the recipe on.
Related: Veggie and Feta Pasta Salad
Spinach Salad Ingredients
- 5 oz. Bag Baby Spinach
- 8 oz. Can Diced Water Chestnuts
- 2 Grated Hard Boiled Eggs
- 5 Crisp Crumbled Slices Bacon
- 1 Small Diced Red Onion
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Optional: 1 Can Drained Bean Sprouts
Related: Everglades Bacon Deviled Eggs
Spinach Salad Directions
- Wash spinach and dry in salad spinner.
- If desired, pull stems off spinach leaves. I just leave them on. Baby spinach is tender and I don’t mind eating the stems but if you don’t like them, pull them off.
- Dice water chestnuts into smaller cubes than the size they come in the can.
- Hard Boil eggs. Cool. Chop.
- Cook bacon according to package directions. When cool, crumble them.
- Dice Onion.
Toss ingredients in a bowl with spinach or serve them on the side so each person can take what they like.
Related: Easy Low-Calorie Tomato Soup
The Dressing Ingredients
- ¾ to 1 C. Olive Oil
- ¾ C. Sugar
- 1/3 C. Ketchup
- ¼ C. Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
Mix all ingredients in a salad dressing shaker or any sealed container (so you can shake to mix). Serve in a decorative dressing server or gravy boat. Keep a small spoon nearby to stir it occasionally as the oil and vinegar will separate.
I have made this salad so many times over the years, and it has never failed to be hit. Give it a try for Father’s Day, Fourth of July, or just serve it with your Friday night pizza!
If you try my Korean Style Spinach Salad, let me know how you liked it in the comments below.
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- Simply Fresh Broccoli Soup - March 16, 2018
- How To Get Comfortable With Uncertainty - March 9, 2018
- How to Cut Back on Paper Towels - March 2, 2018
- Easy Baked Onion Rings - February 23, 2018
- Soothing Lavender Peppermint Foot Soak - February 16, 2018
- Easy Low-Calorie Tomato Soup - February 9, 2018
- How To Make Decluttering Easier - February 2, 2018
- Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts - January 26, 2018
- DIY Rose Water - January 18, 2018
- 3 Simple Vitamin E Face Mists - January 12, 2018