It doesn’t have to be winter for me to enjoy a good bowl of soup—especially homemade soup. If I’m making soup, though, it does have to be easy. This Easy Low-Calorie Tomato Soup recipe is super simple and tasty. You can have a delicious hot bowl of it on your table and ready to eat in less than an hour.
This Easy Low-Calorie Tomato Soup is also light and healthy. I like to eat it in the evenings for a snack if I’m feeling hungry but I’ve already eaten dinner—or if I had a big lunch and I just want to eat a light dinner.
Related: 5 Easy Ways to Reduce Food Waste
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- ½ C. Celery
- ½ C. Spinach
- 2 14.5 Oz. Cans Diced Tomatoes (I used Organic with basil, garlic, oregano, & thyme)
- 1 32 Oz. Box of Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp. Basil
- 1 tsp. Oregano
Related: Make Your Food Last Longer
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, and celery to heated pot and sauté until tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- Add spinach and cook just until wilted.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, broth, basil, and oregano.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool a little.
- Use a hand blender to puree the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve with parmesan cheese, croutons, or crackers if desired.
Related: Veggie and Feta Pasta Salad
This recipe can be very versatile. Don’t have spinach on hand? Leave it out. Or put some other greens in it. If you’re in the mood for a little extra spice, substitute with fire roasted tomatoes. Any way you do it, this Easy Tomato Soup will be quick and tasty!
What’s your favorite easy and tasty soup? Let me know in the comments section.
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- 3 Tips on How To Be a Thoughtful Gift Giver - November 16, 2018
- 50 Gifts For The Person Who Has Everything - November 9, 2018
- 5 Items You Should Be Recycling - November 2, 2018
- DIY Body Butter - October 25, 2018
- Simple DIY Lip Balm - October 18, 2018
- Easy Rice Pudding - October 10, 2018
- Pumpkin Honey Muffins - October 3, 2018
- Slow Cooker Baked Apples - September 26, 2018
- Almond Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes - September 19, 2018
- Easy Plant Propagation - September 12, 2018