Valentine’s Day is just a few weeks away, and I’ve come up with a cute way to decorate and give someone special a gift. Valentine’s Day isn’t just for couples – it’s about friends and family too. So if you’re thinking of giving your best friend, daughter, sister, or significant other something special, I’ve got the perfect thing.
You might also like: Chocolate Coconut Covered Strawberries
*I bought all decorative supplies at the Dollar Tree.
- Wire wreath frame
- 4 Packs of red garland
- Headband with bouncing hearts
- 2” Ribbon
- Fake white roses
- Floral wire
- Small box of chocolates
- Wire cutters
- Scotch tape
- Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume Roller
- NYX Liquid Suede in Kitten Heals
- NYX Liquid Suede in Pink Lust
- Trust Fund Nail Polish in I’m Kind of a Big Deal
- Sally Hanson Nail Polish in Strobe Light
- Wet n’ Wild Makeup Brush (Dollar Tree)
Step 1 – Wrap the wreath
Wrap wreath frame with red garland. I purchased 3 packages, and it worked, but I had to stretch it. I recommend buying at least 4 packages, but if you want a tighter wrap, buy more. Get more colors if you can. I could only find red, but pink, white, or silver would be pretty too!
*Don’t worry too much about securing the garland – if you wrap it through the wire once or twice at the beginning and end of the strand, it will hold nicely.
Step 2 – Make the flowers and attach them
- Remove stems from flower.
- Cut approximately 10” floral wire piece.
- Feed the wire through the center of the flower. Once a few inches are through, wrap several circles out of the wire – enough to stop it from sliding out.
- With remaining wire hanging out of the bottom of the flower, wrap the wire around the stem several times so that the wire doesn’t slide.
- With the remaining several inches of wire hanging off the flower – attach the flower to the wreath in the desired area by wrapping the wire onto the wreath frame.
- Repeat process to liking for more flowers.
Step 3 – Attach headband
This is one of the easiest steps. Place the headband at the top of the wreath (wherever you decide that is) and then stick it through the wreath frame. To keep it in place, cut 2 small pieces of floral wire and wrap each piece around the “leg” of the headband to the wreath frame. This helps balance the headband so it doesn’t slip forward or fall off.
Step 4 – Attach the box of chocolates
I bought this box of chocolates from the Dollar Tree as a decoration but feel free to get a box of chocolate from anywhere for decoration or for eating.
- Cut a piece of your 2” ribbon – longer is better. Pull the ribbon through the wreath frame in the desired location and leave enough ribbon open on both sides as if tying a bow. Do not wrap around the back of the wreath, as it’s not secure.
- Place box of chocolates in between the two pieces, wrap tightly together and tie a bow.
- Use tape to secure the chocolate to the ribbon so it doesn’t slip out.
You might also like: Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Step 5 – Attaching the gifts
- Each gift is a cylindrical-like shape. Wrap each gift with string several times around and double knot, leaving enough string left over to tie to the wreath frame.
- Before tying to the wreath, use tape to secure the string to the gift.
- Then tie the gift to the wreath.
- Repeat for each gift.
*Be careful how many gifts you use as too many can weigh down the wreath.
After the gifts all secure, you’re finished and ready to give this beauty to someone special. I chose to use gifts beauty related, but they could be anything you want. They could be mini bottles of alcohol, jewelry, or candy. Or make this for a boy and add a scratch off, cologne, a wallet, or a watch. Whatever you choose, it’s a cute way to celebrate the ones you love on Valentine’s Day.
You might also like: DIY Valentine’s Day Footprint Cards
Let me know in the comments below what you think of this Valentine’s Day gift wreath. What kinds of gifts would you use on yours? If you make one tag us! #FUAPTDIY
- What I am Thankful For - November 22, 2017
- DIY Holiday Potpourri Gift Jar - November 16, 2017
- DIY Yarn Pumpkin Wreath - November 9, 2017
- DIY Glam Makeup Storage - November 2, 2017
- October Ipsy Review - October 26, 2017
- Trying Harry’s Shave Set - October 19, 2017
- Why I Buy Cruelty-Free - October 11, 2017
- Makeup Empties and Reviews - October 4, 2017
- DIY Fall Flower Crowns - September 29, 2017
- Nerdy Wedding Ceremony Ideas - September 27, 2017