With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, many of us will be looking for special treats and gifts for our sweeties! Of course, there will be all kinds of candy to choose from but I have a feeling that, like me and my family, many of you may still be suffering from Christmas candy overload. A good way to avoid candy overload at Valentine’s Day but still enjoy a delicious treat, is to make Chocolate Coconut Covered Strawberries.
Not only are Chocolate Coconut Covered Strawberries tasty, but with my recipe, they’re guilt-free and healthy. Chocolate Coconut Covered Strawberries are also extremely simple to make. Anyone who knows me, knows I don’t do complicated when it comes to cooking. I do, however, do delicious—and that’s what these are!
- 1 lb. Strawberries
- 1 C. Coconut Oil (I use this brand)
- ¼ C. Honey
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 C. Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ C. Sweetened Coconut flakes
- Wash and pat dry strawberries.
- Pre-melt coconut oil in the microwave until softened but not completely liquid.
- Stir in honey and vanilla.
- Slowly stir in cocoa powder.
* If you prefer a thinner chocolate texture, or the oil based mixture hardens somewhat while you’re making your treats, you can pop your bowl in the microwave for a few seconds or until you get your desired consistency.
Related: Rasberry Orange Bites
- Put coconut flakes into a shallow plate.
- Roll each strawberry first into the chocolate mixture and then into the coconut flakes.
- Store in refrigerator.
Related: Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas
These Chocolate Coconut Covered Strawberries are one of my family’s all-time favorite treats. Juicy and flavorful strawberries are delicious all by themselves, but they’re easy to turn into this delectable, guilt-free Valentine’s Day surprise! Chocolate Coconut Covered Strawberries are so delicious that they’re perfect for a Valentine’ Day treat or a treat anytime!
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under a Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
I’d love to hear what your favorite Valentine’s Day treat is. Let me know in the comments below.
- How to Dispose of Unused Medications - July 18, 2018
- How You Can Prevent Microfiber Pollution - July 11, 2018
- Raspberry Skillet Cake - July 3, 2018
- 10 Simple Strawberry Snacks - June 27, 2018
- 5 DIY Natural Plant Insecticides - June 20, 2018
- Coconut Rosemary Hot Oil Hair Treatment - June 13, 2018
- 22 Ways to Avoid Plastic Shopping Bags - June 8, 2018
- DIY Lemon Dishwasher Pods - May 25, 2018
- 10 Eco-Friendly Laundry Tips - May 11, 2018
- DIY Perspiration Stain Remover - May 4, 2018