Almond Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes Ingredients:
- 3 Large green tomatoes
- 1 1/2 C. Almond Flour
- 1/2 – 1 C. Crushed Almonds
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 C. Almond milk
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
Related: Easy Low-Calorie Tomato Soup
- Slice tomatoes into about 1/2″ slices.
- Pulse 1/2 to 1 cup of almond in a food processor.
- Stir salt, pepper, and crushed almonds into almond flour.
- Pour almond mixture onto a dinner plate.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add milk to eggs and mix.
- Arrange ingredient containers with tomatoes first, egg mixture second, and flour mixture third.
- Dip each tomato slice in egg mixture, then dredge in flour mixture. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter in a 10-12″ frying pan.
- Place tomatoes in hot butter and cook until brown-approximately 2 minutes per side. Monitor closely as butter has a low smoke point and can burn quickly.
- Cook in batches of 3. Keep cooked tomatoes warm in the oven until all are prepared.
Easy Dipping Sauce:
Related: Korean Style Spinach Salad
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
Related: 10 Simple Strawberry Snacks
Lisa is a mother of three lovely young women and is a new grandmother to a baby boy! She has been married to her high school sweetheart for more than thirty years. Lisa is originally from Dearborn Heights, Michigan, but has lived in the Tampa Bay area since 1984. Running a small business for over 25 years and raising a family has made for a busy, busy life with many ups and downs; it’s definitely been an adventure.
Lisa’s always involved in one project or another whether it’s work related or serving her community. She also recently went back to school to finish her bachelor’s degree in American Studies. Lisa tries to make every day a good day—that means learning something new, practicing kindness, and enjoying the present moment.
They sound and look like an incredible, healthy pick me up! Such a great tip to keep the tomatoes in the oven~
This sounds really good!! I am on the KETO diet and these would be perfect.
Monidipa Dutta says
Green tomatoes I have ate. But fried green tomatoes no. The recipe looks amazing I will try it out on Sunday.
I’ve never tried frying any kind of tomato, but I have to try this. This looks yummy.
Rhian westbury says
I don’t think I’ve ever had fried green tomatoes, never mind how you’d done it. This looks really tasty x
Nidhi Fouzdar says
I have never tried this before. This recipe looks super yummy. I would love to prepare it with some twist and share on with you.
Lisa, I never tried to make anything with green tomatoes. This is a very interesting recipe. I can not wait to try it out.
I never actually thought that one could come up with an amazing dish such as this with green tomatoes. I have always let them ripe but next time, will surely look for those to try this awesome looking dish!
Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place says
Fried green tomatoes! This sounds like a yummy and healthy mid-day snack or even as a side dish to a breakfast or lunch.
This recipe is right up my street! I would love to try it one day.
Aiai Damigo says
Wow this seems healthy. A must try 🙂 🙂
Matt Hulland says
Mmm, this sounds delicious. I love fried green tomatoes and I think the almond crut will be great. I also love horseradish, so I think you’re onto a winner!
This sounds incredible, A healthy recipe for everyone, love to try it one day, thank you for sharing it.