Almond Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes Ingredients:
- 3 Large green tomatoes
- 1 1/2 C. Almond Flour
- 1/2 – 1 C. Crushed Almonds
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 C. Almond milk
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
Related: Easy Low-Calorie Tomato Soup
- Slice tomatoes into about 1/2″ slices.
- Pulse 1/2 to 1 cup of almond in a food processor.
- Stir salt, pepper, and crushed almonds into almond flour.
- Pour almond mixture onto a dinner plate.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add milk to eggs and mix.
- Arrange ingredient containers with tomatoes first, egg mixture second, and flour mixture third.
- Dip each tomato slice in egg mixture, then dredge in flour mixture. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter in a 10-12″ frying pan.
- Place tomatoes in hot butter and cook until brown-approximately 2 minutes per side. Monitor closely as butter has a low smoke point and can burn quickly.
- Cook in batches of 3. Keep cooked tomatoes warm in the oven until all are prepared.
Easy Dipping Sauce:
Related: Korean Style Spinach Salad
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
Related: 10 Simple Strawberry Snacks
- Easy Rice Pudding - October 10, 2018
- Pumpkin Honey Muffins - October 3, 2018
- Slow Cooker Baked Apples - September 26, 2018
- Almond Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes - September 19, 2018
- Easy Plant Propagation - September 12, 2018
- How I Gave Up My Environmentally Unfriendly Indulgence - September 7, 2018
- 5 Practical Uses For Lemons - August 29, 2018
- Grilled Peaches and Blueberries Dessert - August 22, 2018
- Olive Oil and Lemon Foot Treatment - August 10, 2018
- DIY Toilet Cleaning Pods - July 27, 2018