Now that summer is officially here, fresh fruits and vegetables are plentiful. I love having a huge selection of all my favorites available whenever I’m in the mood for their deliciousness. There are lots of them and they taste great! My all-time favorite fruit is strawberries. There are so many different ways to prepare them.
Related: Make Your Food Last Longer
Here are 10 Simple Strawberry Snacks that are sweet and satisfying:
- Strawberry and Almond Milk Shake: Mix 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup strawberries, and ½ cup ice in a NutriBullet or blender. Top with whipped cream if desired.
- Strawberries and Yogurt: Puree ¼ cup strawberries and mix with 5.3 ounce container of vanilla Greek yogurt.
- Strawberry Pancakes: Puree ½ cup strawberries into 1 cup pancake mix and rest of ingredients as directed by package. Top with whipped cream if desired.
- Strawberry Protein Shake: Mix ½ cup pureed strawberries into a premade protein shake.
- Strawberry Oatmeal: Add ¼ cup chopped strawberries into oatmeal prepared according to package directions.
- Strawberries and Cheese: Snack on layered strawberry and sharp cheddar slices.
- Strawberry and Ice Cream: Mix ¼ cup chopped strawberries into a cup of ice cream.
- Strawberries and Almonds. : Top ½ Tbsp. slivered almonds with ½ of a medium chopped strawberry. Then top that with a dollop of whipped cream. If desired, freeze for about an hour.
- Strawberry Cake: Substitute pureed strawberries for the water in a box of vanilla cake mix. Top with vanilla frosting and decorate with strawberry slices.
- Baked Strawberries: Bake strawberry slices in the oven at 200 degrees for 3 hours.
These 10 Simple Strawberry Snacks are just a few of the many ways to eat strawberries. Of course, they taste great all by themselves, plain and delicious. Be sure to enjoy all the fresh fruits and vegetables the summer season has to offer. And, of course, don’t forget to freeze some for later!
What are your favorite strawberry treats? I’d love to try some of them out!!
- How You Can Prevent Microfiber Pollution - July 11, 2018
- Raspberry Skillet Cake - July 3, 2018
- 10 Simple Strawberry Snacks - June 27, 2018
- 5 DIY Natural Plant Insecticides - June 20, 2018
- Coconut Rosemary Hot Oil Hair Treatment - June 13, 2018
- 22 Ways to Avoid Plastic Shopping Bags - June 8, 2018
- DIY Lemon Dishwasher Pods - May 25, 2018
- 10 Eco-Friendly Laundry Tips - May 11, 2018
- DIY Perspiration Stain Remover - May 4, 2018
- 10 Uses for White Vinegar - April 20, 2018