Now that summer is officially here, fresh fruits and vegetables are plentiful. I love having a huge selection of all my favorites available whenever I’m in the mood for their deliciousness. There are lots of them and they taste great! My all-time favorite fruit is strawberries. There are so many different ways to prepare them.
Related: Make Your Food Last Longer
Here are 10 Simple Strawberry Snacks that are sweet and satisfying:
- Strawberry and Almond Milk Shake: Mix 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup strawberries, and ½ cup ice in a NutriBullet or blender. Top with whipped cream if desired.
- Strawberries and Yogurt: Puree ¼ cup strawberries and mix with 5.3 ounce container of vanilla Greek yogurt.
- Strawberry Pancakes: Puree ½ cup strawberries into 1 cup pancake mix and rest of ingredients as directed by package. Top with whipped cream if desired.
- Strawberry Protein Shake: Mix ½ cup pureed strawberries into a premade protein shake.
- Strawberry Oatmeal: Add ¼ cup chopped strawberries into oatmeal prepared according to package directions.
- Strawberries and Cheese: Snack on layered strawberry and sharp cheddar slices.
- Strawberry and Ice Cream: Mix ¼ cup chopped strawberries into a cup of ice cream.
- Strawberries and Almonds. : Top ½ Tbsp. slivered almonds with ½ of a medium chopped strawberry. Then top that with a dollop of whipped cream. If desired, freeze for about an hour.
- Strawberry Cake: Substitute pureed strawberries for the water in a box of vanilla cake mix. Top with vanilla frosting and decorate with strawberry slices.
- Baked Strawberries: Bake strawberry slices in the oven at 200 degrees for 3 hours.
These 10 Simple Strawberry Snacks are just a few of the many ways to eat strawberries. Of course, they taste great all by themselves, plain and delicious. Be sure to enjoy all the fresh fruits and vegetables the summer season has to offer. And, of course, don’t forget to freeze some for later!
What are your favorite strawberry treats? I’d love to try some of them out!!
- Easy Rice Pudding - October 10, 2018
- Pumpkin Honey Muffins - October 3, 2018
- Slow Cooker Baked Apples - September 26, 2018
- Almond Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes - September 19, 2018
- Easy Plant Propagation - September 12, 2018
- How I Gave Up My Environmentally Unfriendly Indulgence - September 7, 2018
- 5 Practical Uses For Lemons - August 29, 2018
- Grilled Peaches and Blueberries Dessert - August 22, 2018
- Olive Oil and Lemon Foot Treatment - August 10, 2018
- DIY Toilet Cleaning Pods - July 27, 2018