Summer fun always includes cooking with fresh fruits and vegetables. For me, raspberries are high on my list of delicious seasonal fruits. They’re right up there with strawberries and watermelon. I eat all of them as often as possible while they’re fresh and easily available. This Raspberry Skillet Cake makes a nice treat for breakfast, bunch, or dessert.
Related: Chocolate Chip and Coconut Pancakes
Raspberry Skillet Cake Ingredients:
- 1 C. Self-Rising Flour
- 1/8 tsp. Baking Soda
- 3 Tbsp. Butter (2 for batter/1 for pan)
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Egg
- ½ C. Almond Milk
- 1 C. Raspberries
- Whipped Cream or Confectioners’ Sugar for topping
Related: Berry and Greek Yogurt Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put 10″ cast iron skillet in oven.
- Mix together flour and baking soda in medium bowl.
- Melt butter (2 Tbsp.) in a medium bowl in the microwave.
- Mix honey into butter.
- Beat egg in small bowl, then add to butter and honey.
- Stir almond milk into liquid ingredients.
- Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Fold raspberries into the mix.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter into a skillet and then spread around.
- Pour mixture into skillet spread evenly.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before removing from skillet.
- Top with whipped cream or confectioners’ sugar.
When I was little my mom grew raspberries in her garden (along with a lot of other fruits and vegetables). I used to love going out on summer mornings to pick berries to add to my cereal or a bowl of vanilla ice cream. Raspberries taste good in almost any dish, but Raspberry Skillet Cake is simple, easy, and delicious.
Raspberries always feel like such a delicacy with their delicate appearance and feel. Also, they go bad rather quickly—they only stay fresh for 2 or 3 days in the refrigerator. Raspberry Skillet Cake is a tasty way to enjoy your delicious summer raspberry bounty.
Related: 10 Simple Strawberry Snacks
What are your favorite summer fruits and vegetables? How do you serve raspberries?
- How You Can Prevent Microfiber Pollution - July 11, 2018
- Raspberry Skillet Cake - July 3, 2018
- 10 Simple Strawberry Snacks - June 27, 2018
- 5 DIY Natural Plant Insecticides - June 20, 2018
- Coconut Rosemary Hot Oil Hair Treatment - June 13, 2018
- 22 Ways to Avoid Plastic Shopping Bags - June 8, 2018
- DIY Lemon Dishwasher Pods - May 25, 2018
- 10 Eco-Friendly Laundry Tips - May 11, 2018
- DIY Perspiration Stain Remover - May 4, 2018
- 10 Uses for White Vinegar - April 20, 2018