When my kids are in the mood for a special breakfast treat, there’s usually pancakes involved. Although these ones are made from scratch, they’re pretty simple to whip up in a hurry. When I first came up with this recipe, I only added chocolate chips, but I’ve since incorporated coconut into the mix. My motto with most foods is “it always tastes better with coconut”!
- 1 & 1/3 C. All-Purpose Flour
- ½ C. Brown Sugar (loosely packed)
- 1 ¼ tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 C. Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Butter (melted)
- ½ C. Shredded Coconut (sweetened)
- ½ C. Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mix dry ingredients – flour, brown sugar, and baking powder.
- Beat eggs.
- Mix liquid ingredients in a separate bowl – eggs, milk, and butter.
- Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Stir in coconut and chocolate chips until just blended.
- Spray pan with non-stick spray and heat.
- Pour batter onto pan in about ¼ cup increments.
- Cook on first side until pancakes begin to form bubbles.
- Flip cakes over and cook until second side is golden brown.
**Makes about 10-12 pancakes.
Serve with or without syrup or try a little bit of coconut oil spread on top instead of butter.
I hope you enjoy these pancakes as much as my kids do. Let me know in the comments below what you think!
- DIY Makeup Remover Wipes - July 19, 2017
- Taking the Plastic Free July Challenge - July 7, 2017
- Berry and Greek Yogurt Dessert - July 1, 2017
- 11 Ways to Keep Mosquitoes Away - June 23, 2017
- Korean Style Spinach Salad - June 17, 2017
- Veggie and Feta Pasta Salad - June 9, 2017
- 3 Tips on Socializing at Parties - June 2, 2017
- 3 Tips to Make Transition and Change Easier - May 20, 2017
- 10 Flowering Plants Toxic to Dogs & Cats - April 21, 2017
- 5 Ways to Keep Birds Safe and Healthy - April 14, 2017