I came up with this quesadilla recipe one Saturday afternoon when I didn’t have a lot of food in the house and I didn’t want to go to grocery shopping until Sunday. When I found the artichoke hearts and chickpeas in the pantry (two of my favorite foods) I had a feeling I could come up with something tasty. Then I found the corn tortillas in the fridge and I knew that a delicious meal would soon be on my plate.
- 1 – 14 oz. can Baby Artichoke Hearts
- 1 – 16 oz. can Chickpeas
- 1/8 tsp. Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 8 – 6” Corn Tortillas
- Vegetable oil for pan
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Tomato
**Preheat oven to lowest temperature**
- Drain can of artichoke hearts and can of chickpeas.
- Pulse chickpeas in food processor 10 times.
- Pour chickpeas into medium mixing bowl.
- Pulse artichoke hearts in food processor 5 times.
- Mix artichoke hearts into chickpeas.
- Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper into artichoke mixture and stir.
- Stir honey and lime together in small bowl then stir into mixture.
- Set mixture aside.
- Start heating nonstick skillet, then add a little cooking oil (about ½ tsp.) to pan and spread oil around pan using a silicone basting brush.
- Heat tortillas until a little brown on both sides.
- Spread 1/3 C. of artichoke and chickpea mixture on one of the tortillas, then put second tortilla on top.
- Continue heating tortilla until lightly brown.
- Flip quesadilla over and heat until that side is also lightly brown.
- Repeat process until all 4 quesadillas are complete.
- Keep quesadillas warm in oven until all are ready.
- Serve with toppings such as chopped tomatoes, sour cream, or salsa.
Makes 4 quesadillas.
Hope you enjoy these Low fat Vegetarian Artichoke Chickpea Quesadillas! Let me know in the comments if you tried them.
- Dealing with Back to School Blues - August 25, 2017
- 3 Ways to Attract Hummingbirds - August 11, 2017
- 3 Easy Meat Rubs - August 4, 2017
- 10 Ways to Reuse Newspaper - July 28, 2017
- DIY Makeup Remover Wipes - July 19, 2017
- Taking the Plastic Free July Challenge - July 7, 2017
- Berry and Greek Yogurt Dessert - July 1, 2017
- 11 Ways to Keep Mosquitoes Away - June 23, 2017
- Korean Style Spinach Salad - June 17, 2017
- Veggie and Feta Pasta Salad - June 9, 2017