My family loves my cornbread muffins! They’re delicious, moist, and the honey gives them a little extra but subtle sweetness. I honestly have no problem whatsoever with boxed mixes, but I always had extra cornmeal mix in the cupboard so I came up with my own recipe. Hope you love them as much as my family does.
- 1 C. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 C. Cornmeal
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ C. Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 C. Milk
- ¼ C. Vegetable Oil
- ¼ C. Honey
*Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
*Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Add brown sugar to mixture and stir.
- Beat egg.
- Add milk and vegetable oil to the egg.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients.
- Mix in honey.
- Fill each muffin cup about ¾ full.
Bake about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool muffins in the tin for about 5 minutes before removing. Cool rest of the way on a baker’s cooling rack. Enjoy with butter, jam, or my favorite way—plain!
Please give these muffins a try and let me know in the comments section what you think.
Related: Chocolate Chip and Coconut Pancakes
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- How to Dispose of Unused Medications - July 18, 2018
- How You Can Prevent Microfiber Pollution - July 11, 2018
- Raspberry Skillet Cake - July 3, 2018
- 10 Simple Strawberry Snacks - June 27, 2018
- 5 DIY Natural Plant Insecticides - June 20, 2018
- Coconut Rosemary Hot Oil Hair Treatment - June 13, 2018
- 22 Ways to Avoid Plastic Shopping Bags - June 8, 2018
- DIY Lemon Dishwasher Pods - May 25, 2018
- 10 Eco-Friendly Laundry Tips - May 11, 2018
- DIY Perspiration Stain Remover - May 4, 2018