My family loves my cornbread muffins! They’re delicious, moist, and the honey gives them a little extra but subtle sweetness. I honestly have no problem whatsoever with boxed mixes, but I always had extra cornmeal mix in the cupboard so I came up with my own recipe. Hope you love them as much as my family does.
- 1 C. All Purpose Flour
- 1 C. Cornmeal
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ C. Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 C. Milk
- ¼ C. Vegetable Oil
- ¼ C. Honey
*Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
*Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Add brown sugar to mixture and stir.
- Beat egg.
- Add milk and vegetable oil to egg.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients.
- Mix in honey.
- Fill each muffin cup about ¾ full.
Bake about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool muffins in the tin for about 5 minutes before removing. Cool rest of the way on a bakers cooling rack. Enjoy with butter, jam, or my favorite way—plain!
Please give these muffins a try and let me know in the comments section what you think.
- Dealing with Back to School Blues - August 25, 2017
- 3 Ways to Attract Hummingbirds - August 11, 2017
- 3 Easy Meat Rubs - August 4, 2017
- 10 Ways to Reuse Newspaper - July 28, 2017
- DIY Makeup Remover Wipes - July 19, 2017
- Taking the Plastic Free July Challenge - July 7, 2017
- Berry and Greek Yogurt Dessert - July 1, 2017
- 11 Ways to Keep Mosquitoes Away - June 23, 2017
- Korean Style Spinach Salad - June 17, 2017
- Veggie and Feta Pasta Salad - June 9, 2017