My family loves my cornbread muffins! They’re delicious, moist, and the honey gives them a little extra but subtle sweetness. I honestly have no problem whatsoever with boxed mixes, but I always had extra cornmeal mix in the cupboard so I came up with my own recipe. Hope you love them as much as my family does.
- 1 C. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 C. Cornmeal
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ C. Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 C. Milk
- ¼ C. Vegetable Oil
- ¼ C. Honey
*Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
*Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Add brown sugar to mixture and stir.
- Beat egg.
- Add milk and vegetable oil to the egg.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients.
- Mix in honey.
- Fill each muffin cup about ¾ full.
Bake about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool muffins in the tin for about 5 minutes before removing. Cool rest of the way on a baker’s cooling rack. Enjoy with butter, jam, or my favorite way—plain!
Please give these muffins a try and let me know in the comments section what you think.
Related: Chocolate Chip and Coconut Pancakes
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- 50 Gifts For The Person Who Has Everything - November 9, 2018
- 5 Items You Should Be Recycling - November 2, 2018
- DIY Body Butter - October 25, 2018
- Simple DIY Lip Balm - October 18, 2018
- Easy Rice Pudding - October 10, 2018
- Pumpkin Honey Muffins - October 3, 2018
- Slow Cooker Baked Apples - September 26, 2018
- Almond Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes - September 19, 2018
- Easy Plant Propagation - September 12, 2018
- How I Gave Up My Environmentally Unfriendly Indulgence - September 7, 2018