One thing in my life that gets frazzled after the holidays is my hair. Normally, I wash, blow dry, and curl it every other day. I may curl it again or use a straightener on the off day. I definitely do all of it more often during the holiday season when I go to parties and extra events. Combine that with the dry weather we have during the winter and my hair needs extra help.
To keep my hair healthy I primarily use Rusk Deep Shine Keratin Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner, a product line that my hair stylist, Evan, recommended. She also recommended using coconut oil on my hair as a deep conditioner. Sometimes I do use straight coconut oil on my hair and sleep with it on all night. In the morning I just wash it off. Shampooing two to three times gets all the oil out.
I came up with a hair mask that combines the benefits of both coconut oil and honey. It leaves hair moisturized and free of buildup. It’s also simple and easy to make at home with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
HAIR MASK RECIPE
- ½ C. Coconut Oil (I use this brand)
- ½ C. Honey
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- Pre-melt coconut oil in the microwave until it’s soft.
- Mix in the honey and the baking soda.
- Distribute the mixture into wet hair, putting more of it at the ends than the scalp.
- Your hair will be drippy so wrap a towel around it.
- Leave on for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Wash hair with two to three rounds of shampoo.
- Dry and style as usual. Hair will be soft and manageable!
Related: Simple Sugar Scrubs
I try to do this hair mask about once a week to keep my locks healthy and well-conditioned. During the time my hair is being restored, I also restore my sanity by soaking in the tub or just relaxing on the couch. Sometimes I’ll do a face mask at the same time. Whether it’s after the holidays or after a long work week, it’s always a good idea to take care of your hair and yourself!
Related: DIY Makeup Remover Wipes
Let me know what your favorite homemade hair mask is in the comments below.
Related: DIY Peppermint Lip Scrub.
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- Olive Oil and Lemon Foot Treatment - August 10, 2018
- DIY Toilet Cleaning Pods - July 27, 2018
- How to Dispose of Unused Medications - July 18, 2018
- How You Can Prevent Microfiber Pollution - July 11, 2018
- Raspberry Skillet Cake - July 3, 2018
- 10 Simple Strawberry Snacks - June 27, 2018
- 5 DIY Natural Plant Insecticides - June 20, 2018
- Coconut Rosemary Hot Oil Hair Treatment - June 13, 2018
- 22 Ways to Avoid Plastic Shopping Bags - June 8, 2018
- DIY Lemon Dishwasher Pods - May 25, 2018