I’ve been wanting to try making my own DIY makeup remover wipes for a while now. Meagan has used DIY baby wipes for little J since he was a baby and I always thought that DIY Makeup remover wipes would be a great idea. Not only are they beneficial for the environment, but they also save a lot of money.
Plastic-free July finally got me motivated to make the switch to these wipes. The other day I was pulling out a makeup wipe from its packaging, and I realized I’d cut down on a lot of plastic use if I eliminated that package from my life (not to mention the wipes themselves, of course).
I came up with this easy to make DIY makeup remover wipe because, if you’ve read any of my other posts, you know I’m all about simple and easy.
- 2 C. Water
- 3 Tbsp. of your favorite face wash
- Optional: several drops of lavender essential oil (about 10)
- Mixing Bowl
- Storage container for wipes (glass jar or repurposed plastic container from previously purchased wipes)
- Container to put used wipes in
- Cloth of your choice
ASSEMBLE PIECES OF CLOTH
Cut up rectangular pieces of old clothing like t-shirts. I like using ribbed tank tops because the texture has a light exfoliation feel to it. I also like using my kids’ old baby clothes because I get to enjoy a pleasant memory for a moment while using them. You could always use small baby wash clothes, but using old clothing is the most eco-friendly option.
Related: DIY Coconut Hair Mask
- Mix water, face wash, and essential oil in the mixing bowl.
- Soak pieces of cloth in the mixture until they are completely saturated.
- Squeeze out excess water from clothes.
- Put the damp clothes in the container of your choice.
Related: DIY Peppermint Sugar Scrub
Make about enough wipes to last a week. When they’re used up, just wash them and reuse! You can also experiment with different face wash or essential oils.
Have you ever tried this sort of thing? Do you use DIY Makeup removal wipes? Do you use a similar method or have any tips? I’d love to hear from you in the comments section.
Related: DIY Rose Water
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- Simple DIY Lip Balm - October 18, 2018
- Easy Rice Pudding - October 10, 2018
- Pumpkin Honey Muffins - October 3, 2018
- Slow Cooker Baked Apples - September 26, 2018
- Almond Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes - September 19, 2018
- Easy Plant Propagation - September 12, 2018
- How I Gave Up My Environmentally Unfriendly Indulgence - September 7, 2018
- 5 Practical Uses For Lemons - August 29, 2018
- Grilled Peaches and Blueberries Dessert - August 22, 2018
- Olive Oil and Lemon Foot Treatment - August 10, 2018