One thing in my life that gets frazzled after the holidays is my hair. Normally, I wash, blow dry, and curl it every other day. I may curl it again or use a straightener on the off day. I definitely do all of it more often during the holiday season when I go to parties and extra events. Combine that with the dry weather we have during the winter and my hair needs extra help.
To keep my hair healthy I primarily use Rusk Deep Shine Keratin Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner, a product line that my hair stylist, Evan, recommended. She also recommended using coconut oil on my hair as a deep conditioner. Sometimes I do use straight coconut oil on my hair and sleep with it on all night. In the morning I just wash it off. Shampooing two to three times gets all the oil out.
I came up with a hair mask that combines the benefits of both coconut oil and honey. It leaves hair moisturized and free of buildup. It’s also simple and easy to make at home with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
HAIR MASK RECIPE
- ½ C. Coconut Oil (I use this brand)
- ½ C. Honey
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- Pre-melt coconut oil in the microwave until it’s soft.
- Mix in the honey and the baking soda.
- Distribute the mixture into wet hair, putting more of it at the ends than the scalp.
- Your hair will be drippy so wrap a towel around it.
- Leave on for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Wash hair with two to three rounds of shampoo.
- Dry and style as usual. Hair will be soft and manageable!
Related: Simple Sugar Scrubs
I try to do this hair mask about once a week to keep my locks healthy and well-conditioned. During the time my hair is being restored, I also restore my sanity by soaking in the tub or just relaxing on the couch. Sometimes I’ll do a face mask at the same time. Whether it’s after the holidays or after a long work week, it’s always a good idea to take care of your hair and yourself!
Related: DIY Makeup Remover Wipes
Let me know what your favorite homemade hair mask is in the comments below.
Related: DIY Peppermint Lip Scrub.
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- Soothing Lavender Peppermint Foot Soak - February 16, 2018
- Easy Low-Calorie Tomato Soup - February 9, 2018
- How To Make Decluttering Easier - February 2, 2018
- Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts - January 26, 2018
- DIY Rose Water - January 18, 2018
- 3 Simple Vitamin E Face Mists - January 12, 2018
- DIY Snowman Ornaments - December 22, 2017
- Christmas Lollipop Candies - December 15, 2017
- Dealing with Back to School Blues - August 25, 2017
- 3 Ways to Attract Hummingbirds - August 11, 2017