With the holidays upon us, our homes will be overflowing with joy, love, and cranberries –well, with all kinds of delicious foods! Unfortunately, most of us throw out more of that food than we’d like to admit. Smoothies and juices are a great way to use a lot of the extra fruits and vegetables we find in our kitchens.
I came up with these smoothie combinations from different fruits and greens that I needed to use up before they went bad. I don’t buy fresh cranberries often, but I know I’ll have plenty of them in the house during the holiday season. They also stay fresh in the fridge for several weeks because of their acidity.
The thing to remember with cranberries is that they have a bitter taste to them — so be careful not to overdo it if you experiment with your own smoothies. You can always use a little honey to sweeten up your smoothie if you do accidentally get a little heavy handed with these beautiful, potent little berries!
Cranberry Mango Smoothie
1 C. Mango
¼ C. Cranberry
¼ C. Water
1 C. Crushed ice
Cranberry Kale Smoothie
½ C. Cranberry
2 C. Baby kale and baby spinach mix
½ C. Yogurt
1 C. Crushed ice
Cranberry smoothies are healthy and refreshing. They’re full of disease fighting anti-oxidants, fiber, and vitamins. They’re a good source of vitamin E, vitamin K, and especially vitamin C. They’re also known to promote urinary tract health.
Mix all ingredients in a NutriBullet or blender and enjoy!
- Dealing with Back to School Blues - August 25, 2017
- 3 Ways to Attract Hummingbirds - August 11, 2017
- 3 Easy Meat Rubs - August 4, 2017
- 10 Ways to Reuse Newspaper - July 28, 2017
- DIY Makeup Remover Wipes - July 19, 2017
- Taking the Plastic Free July Challenge - July 7, 2017
- Berry and Greek Yogurt Dessert - July 1, 2017
- 11 Ways to Keep Mosquitoes Away - June 23, 2017
- Korean Style Spinach Salad - June 17, 2017
- Veggie and Feta Pasta Salad - June 9, 2017