When my kids are in the mood for a special breakfast treat, there’s usually pancakes involved. Although these ones are made from scratch, they’re pretty simple to whip up in a hurry. When I first came up with this recipe, I only added chocolate chips, but I’ve since incorporated coconut into the mix. My motto with most foods is “it always tastes better with coconut”!
- 1 & 1/3 C. All-Purpose Flour
- ½ C. Brown Sugar (loosely packed)
- 1 ¼ tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 C. Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Butter (melted)
- ½ C. Shredded Coconut (sweetened)
- ½ C. Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mix dry ingredients – flour, brown sugar, and baking powder.
- Beat eggs.
- Mix liquid ingredients in a separate bowl – eggs, milk, and butter.
- Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Stir in coconut and chocolate chips until just blended.
- Spray pan with non-stick spray and heat.
- Pour batter onto pan in about ¼ cup increments.
- Cook on the first side until pancakes begin to form bubbles.
- Flip cakes over and cook until the second side is golden brown.
**Makes about 10-12 pancakes.
Serve with or without syrup or try a little bit of coconut oil spread on top instead of butter.
I hope you enjoy these pancakes as much as my kids do. Let me know in the comments below what you think!
Related: Honey Cornbread Muffins
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- 5 DIY Natural Plant Insecticides - June 20, 2018
- Coconut Rosemary Hot Oil Hair Treatment - June 13, 2018
- 22 Ways to Avoid Plastic Shopping Bags - June 8, 2018
- DIY Lemon Dishwasher Pods - May 25, 2018
- 10 Eco-Friendly Laundry Tips - May 11, 2018
- DIY Perspiration Stain Remover - May 4, 2018
- 10 Uses for White Vinegar - April 20, 2018
- Quick and Easy DIY Laundry Pods - April 6, 2018
- When Your Kid’s Dreams are Hard to Encourage - March 30, 2018
- Simply Fresh Broccoli Soup - March 16, 2018