One of my favorite treats is this Berry and Greek Yogurt Dessert. I came up with it because I love strawberry shortcake and wanted a tasty lower calorie version. I started off by just mixing and eating pureed berries with Greek yogurt (which I also still enjoy). Adding the rest of the ingredients really give it that yummy berry shortcake-ish taste.
Since I love all the different treats and foods that are served in mason jars these days, I decided to serve my Berry and Greek Yogurt in them for holidays and special occasions! Mason jars have such a quaint and cute appearance. They make just about anything look more appetizing!
Related Post: Strawberry Muffins with Strawberry-Lemon Glaze
- 26 Mini Carmel Corn flavored Rice Crisps
- 1 C. Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 C. Strawberries—Pureed
- ½ C. Raspberries—Pureed
- ½ C. Blueberries—Pureed
- ½ C. Blueberries— Whole–to top off Dessert
- Stevia to taste for Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp. Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 C. Lite Cool Whip
- 2 16 oz. Mason Jars
Related Post: Chocolate Coconut Covered Strawberries
- Crush rice crisps into a mixing bowl, then divide mixture evenly into four smaller bowls.
- Put Greek yogurt into a bowl, mix stevia into it, and set aside.
- Wash and lightly pat dry strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
- Put all berries in a blender and puree into a chunky consistency.
- Layer ingredients into Mason Jars:
- ¼ of the Rice Crisps
- ¼ C. Greek Yogurt
- ¼ C. Berries
- Repeat this layering one more time
- Add ½ C. Cool Whip
- Sprinkle with ½ tsp. Mini Chocolate Chips
- Top with ¼ C. Blueberries
Let Berry and Greek Yogurt Dessert set for 15 to 20 minutes so that rice crisps can soften and absorb flavors.
This recipe makes 2 dessert jars. Double or triple recipe as desired. Also, adapt rice crisps according to taste and berries according to the season.
While serving Berry and Greek Yogurt Dessert in mason jars is always aesthetically pleasing, these yummy treats taste great no matter what they’re served in!
Related Post: Simple Strawberry Lemonade & Berry Sparkling Drinks
What food or dessert do you like to serve in mason jars? Let me know in the comments section!
- Dealing with Back to School Blues - August 25, 2017
- 3 Ways to Attract Hummingbirds - August 11, 2017
- 3 Easy Meat Rubs - August 4, 2017
- 10 Ways to Reuse Newspaper - July 28, 2017
- DIY Makeup Remover Wipes - July 19, 2017
- Taking the Plastic Free July Challenge - July 7, 2017
- Berry and Greek Yogurt Dessert - July 1, 2017
- 11 Ways to Keep Mosquitoes Away - June 23, 2017
- Korean Style Spinach Salad - June 17, 2017
- Veggie and Feta Pasta Salad - June 9, 2017