Simple sparkling juice drinks are a year-round staple at our house. My kids and I enjoy creating our own blends of refreshing and delicious juices and smoothies. Creating something new, whether it’s a drink or another recipe or a craft is a great way to spend time with any child but especially a teen.
Finding fun things to do or ways to bond with a teen can be challenging. None of the three teens I’ve raised wanted to spend much bonding time with me unless, of course, it included me driving them somewhere-preferably to the mall ready to wear down the strip on the back of my debit card. There’s a special feel about creating something from nothing that seems to break down barriers with my teens. We’re both starting a project on level playing field ready to do something, participate, and have fun. I won’t deny a little arguing goes on sometimes, but working together on a common goal creates a connection. By the time we’re done we’re always in a better mood!
Here are two of our favorite sparkling juice drinks:
Sparkling Berry Seltzer Drink
- 1 C. Strawberries
- ½ C. Blueberries
- ½ C. Raspberries
- ½ C. Blackberries
- ½ C. Orange Juice
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 12 Ounce can berry flavored seltzer water
*Makes about 6 cups.
Strawberry Lemonade Slushy Drink
- 1 Lemon (peeled)
- 2 C. Strawberries
- 6 tsp. Sugar
- 1 & ½ C. Crushed Ice
- 2 C. Sparkling Water (substitute with water if desired)
*Makes about 4 cups.
Drop a comment below letting me know what your favorite sparkling drinks are!
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- Simple DIY Lip Balm - October 18, 2018
- Easy Rice Pudding - October 10, 2018
- Pumpkin Honey Muffins - October 3, 2018
- Slow Cooker Baked Apples - September 26, 2018
- Almond Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes - September 19, 2018
- Easy Plant Propagation - September 12, 2018
- How I Gave Up My Environmentally Unfriendly Indulgence - September 7, 2018
- 5 Practical Uses For Lemons - August 29, 2018
- Grilled Peaches and Blueberries Dessert - August 22, 2018
- Olive Oil and Lemon Foot Treatment - August 10, 2018