Summer is the time of year for light, fresh, and tasty salads. They can be served at lunch or dinner. They can also be served as an easy stand alone meal or a yummy side dish at a summer holiday party or picnic. My whole family loves this Veggie and Feta Pasta Salad, especially my husband. We’ll definitely be mixing up a big bowl of it for Father’s Day. Why not make some for the special man in your life.
1 16 oz. Box Penne Pasta (cooked according to box directions. Cool before mixing with other ingredients).
4 oz. Crumbled Feta Cheese
½ C. Chopped Black Olives
½ C. Chopped Cucumber
1 C. Chopped Red and/or Yellow Sweet Peppers
¼ C. Chopped Red Onion
¾ C. Italian Dressing
Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. If desired refrigerate for a ½ hour to 1 hour before serving to blend ingredients and chill.
Sometimes I’ll serve chopped tomatoes, green onions, as well as extra Feta and extra dressing on the side. Make this salad your own signature dish by adjusting the ingredients to you or your families liking. Enjoy!
Makes 8 servings (1 Cup each)
*Pair this with chicken for a great family meal. Use one of these 3 Easy Meat Rubs.
Did you try the salad? Did you customize it? Let me know in the comments.
- Dealing with Back to School Blues - August 25, 2017
- 3 Ways to Attract Hummingbirds - August 11, 2017
- 3 Easy Meat Rubs - August 4, 2017
- 10 Ways to Reuse Newspaper - July 28, 2017
- DIY Makeup Remover Wipes - July 19, 2017
- Taking the Plastic Free July Challenge - July 7, 2017
- Berry and Greek Yogurt Dessert - July 1, 2017
- 11 Ways to Keep Mosquitoes Away - June 23, 2017
- Korean Style Spinach Salad - June 17, 2017
- Veggie and Feta Pasta Salad - June 9, 2017