Women tend to give their time and attention to everyone and everything but themselves. We’re all so busy! Most of us don’t have the time for all of our basic needs let alone day-long spa visits. Indulge yourself today with one of my simple, at home skin treats.
Sugar scrubs are a simple and easy way to pamper your skin. Not only do they feel luxurious while using them, they make your skin feel soft and smooth afterward. The sugar’s granules act as an exfoliant and slough off dead skin cells. Sugar scrubs are a great moisturizer because sugar is a natural humectant—meaning sugar retains and preserves moisture. The scrub’s honey or oil also make it moisturizing.
These simple sugar scrubs are easy and quick to make at home with only a few ingredients. Make them for yourself or give them as a thoughtful, homemade gift.
Orange Almond Sugar Scrub:
- 1 ¼ C. Granulated Sugar
- ½ C. Almond Oil
- 12 Drops Orange Essential Oil
Related: DIY Makeup Remover Wipes
Lavender Honey Sugar Scrub:
- 1 C. Granulated Sugar
- ½ C. Honey
- 2 tsp. Almond Oil
- 2 tsp. Water
- 10 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
Related: DIY Coconut Honey Hair Mask
Related: Effortless Aromatherapy
Vanilla Honey Brown Sugar Scrub:
- ½ C. Brown Sugar
- ¼ C. Granulated Sugar
- ½ C. Honey
- ¼ Tsp. Vanilla Extract *
- 1 tsp. Water
*This extract has alcohol in it, so if you’d prefer, use 5 – 10 drops of vanilla essential oil instead.
**It’s always a good idea to do a test area first and make sure you don’t have an adverse reaction to any skin product.
Related: DIY Peppermint Lip Scrub
To mix your scrub:
- Put sugar(s) in a bowl first
- Add honey or oil
- Add water if called for
- Add required essential oil or extract
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly
- Add extra essential oil if desired
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container. These jars came from Walmart and were $2.53 each.
***When using, apply liberally after first cleansing with soap or body wash. Rub in a circular motion. Rinse thoroughly. After drying skin, follow up with your favorite body lotion.
I hope you enjoy these simple sugar scrubs. Let me know any of your favorite sugar scrub recipes in the comments section below!
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- DIY Rose Water - January 18, 2018
- 3 Simple Vitamin E Face Mists - January 12, 2018
- DIY Snowman Ornaments - December 22, 2017
- Christmas Lollipop Candies - December 15, 2017
- Dealing with Back to School Blues - August 25, 2017
- 3 Ways to Attract Hummingbirds - August 11, 2017
- 3 Easy Meat Rubs - August 4, 2017
- 10 Ways to Reuse Newspaper - July 28, 2017
- DIY Makeup Remover Wipes - July 19, 2017
- Taking the Plastic Free July Challenge - July 7, 2017