Simple sparkling juice drinks are a year round staple at our house. My kids and I enjoy creating our own blends of refreshing and delicious juices and smoothies. Creating something new, whether it’s a drink or another recipe or a craft is a great way to spend time with any child but especially a teen.
Finding fun things to do or ways to bond with a teen can be challenging. None of the three teens I’ve raised wanted to spend much bonding time with me unless, of course, it included me driving them somewhere-preferably to the mall ready to wear down the strip on the back of my debit card. There’s a special feel about creating something from nothing that seems to break down barriers with my teens. We’re both starting a project on level playing field ready to do something, participate, and have fun. I won’t deny a little arguing goes on sometimes, but working together on a common goal creates connection. By the time we’re done we’re always in a better mood!
Here’s two of our favorite sparkling juice drinks:
Sparkling Berry Seltzer Drink
1 C. Strawberries
½ C. Blueberries
½ C. Raspberries
½ C. Blackberries
½ C. Orange Juice
2 tsp Sugar
1 12 Ounce can berry flavored seltzer water
*Makes about 6 cups.
Strawberry Lemonade Slushy Drink
1 Lemon (peeled)
2 C. Strawberries
6 tsp. Sugar
1 & ½ C. Crushed Ice
2 C. Sparkling Water (substitute with water if desired)
*Makes about 4 cups.
Drop a comment below letting me know what your favorite sparkling drinks are!
- 3 Ways to Attract Hummingbirds - August 11, 2017
- 3 Easy Meat Rubs - August 4, 2017
- 10 Ways to Reuse Newspaper - July 28, 2017
- DIY Makeup Remover Wipes - July 19, 2017
- Taking the Plastic Free July Challenge - July 7, 2017
- Berry and Greek Yogurt Dessert - July 1, 2017
- 11 Ways to Keep Mosquitoes Away - June 23, 2017
- Korean Style Spinach Salad - June 17, 2017
- Veggie and Feta Pasta Salad - June 9, 2017
- 3 Tips on Socializing at Parties - June 2, 2017