Happy Mother’s Day to all the mom’s out there. To the single moms, the single dads, the birth mothers, and the adoptive mothers – you are miracle workers. You raise children, shape their minds, wipe their butts, and hold their hands.
Whether you are a mother to an infant, a teenager, a 45-year-old adult – this day is for you. To appreciate you and all the hard work you do make sure your children don’t turn into swamp people (obviously, there’s only so much you can do).
Sometimes it’s hard though, year after year, to find something that will capture this appreciation we feel for our mothers. After a while it might feel like – what do I get the woman who has
everything? But sometimes all a mom really wants is to spend time with her children. Whether it’s a day at the beach or just playing a game at the kitchen table, time is what’s important.
So if you’re having a hard time capturing the spirit of appreciation, I have compiled a list of activities (most that I have experienced with my own mother) that should do it. (Bonus, if you can split the cost with your siblings.)
Activities to Spend with Your Mother:
- Art Classes – Does your mother have an artistic side? Does she enjoy getting her hands dirty? These are 3 classes you can usually find on Groupon to spend an afternoon doing something artsy with mom!
- Pottery Painting – Paint bowls, mugs, statues, etc., whatever you want!
- Soap Making – Make your own soap and when you’re done you can give it to mom and say it’s made with love.
- Painting with a Twist– Have someone tell you exactly what to paint and then make it your own. Bonus points for bringing snacks and drinks!
- Theater – Take your mother to the local theater. It doesn’t have to be tickets to Hamilton.
- Wine Tasting – If mom likes her wine, take her to a local vineyard for a tasting. Buy her her favorite bottle! Again, you can usually find this on Groupon.
- Spa Day – This is a failsafe way to spend the day with mom. It’s a day or afternoon of relaxation that anyone can appreciate. You can almost always find a Groupon for this!
- Botanical Gardens – Most cities have botanical gardens you can visit for a small entrance fee (sometimes free!). Pack a picnic and spend the day outside – it’s spring after all!
- Museum – If it’s too hot to be outside, get some culture inside. Museums can be a fun way to be together, take it easy, and appreciate something beautiful at the same time.
- Beach/Park Day – If all else fails, if you’re 14 with no money, or just want to do something small – go to the local park or beach and have a picnic, bring some games, and hang out.
Most of the time there are not words that fully express how much we love our mothers. But, it’s like I said, it’s the time that we spend together that counts.
What is something you like to do with your mom? Let me know in the comments below!
- School Supplies for Adults - August 18, 2017
- August Ipsy Review - August 16, 2017
- 9 Things to Always Buy at a Thrift Store - August 9, 2017
- Unique and Affordable Engagement Rings - August 2, 2017
- DIY Harry Potter Wedding Cake Topper - July 26, 2017
- July Ipsy Review - July 21, 2017
- Blogger Recognition Award - July 14, 2017
- A Week in Colorado – Part 3: Adventure Time - July 12, 2017
- A Week in Colorado – Part 2: Copper Mountain - July 5, 2017
- A Week in Colorado – Part 1: Boulder - June 28, 2017