Happy Mother’s Day to all the mom’s out there. To the single moms, the single dads, the birth mothers, and the adoptive mothers – you are miracle workers. You raise children, shape their minds, wipe their butts, and hold their hands.
Whether you are a mother to an infant, a teenager, a 45-year-old adult – this day is for you. To appreciate you and all the hard work you do make sure your children don’t turn into swamp people (obviously, there’s only so much you can do).
Sometimes it’s hard though, year after year, to find something that will capture this appreciation we feel for our mothers. After a while it might feel like – what do I get the woman who has
everything? But sometimes all a mom really wants is to spend time with her children. Whether it’s a day at the beach or just playing a game at the kitchen table, time is what’s important.
So if you’re having a hard time capturing the spirit of appreciation, I have compiled a list of activities (most that I have experienced with my own mother) that should do it. (Bonus, if you can split the cost with your siblings.)
You might also like: 3 Step DIY Distressed Picture Frame
Activities to Spend with Your Mother:
- Art Classes – Does your mother have an artistic side? Does she enjoy getting her hands dirty? These are 3 classes you can usually find on Groupon to spend an afternoon doing something artsy with mom!
- Pottery Painting – Paint bowls, mugs, statues, etc., whatever you want!
- Soap Making – Make your own soap and when you’re done you can give it to mom and say it’s made with love.
- Painting with a Twist– Have someone tell you exactly what to paint and then make it your own. Bonus points for bringing snacks and drinks!
- Theater – Take your mother to the local theater. It doesn’t have to be tickets to Hamilton.
- Wine Tasting – If mom likes her wine, take her to a local vineyard for a tasting. Buy her her favorite bottle! Again, you can usually find this on Groupon.
- Spa Day – This is a failsafe way to spend the day with mom. It’s a day or afternoon of relaxation that anyone can appreciate. You can almost always find a Groupon for this!
- Botanical Gardens – Most cities have botanical gardens you can visit for a small entrance fee (sometimes free!). Pack a picnic and spend the day outside – it’s spring after all!
- Museum – If it’s too hot to be outside, get some culture inside. Museums can be a fun way to be together, take it easy, and appreciate something beautiful at the same time.
- Beach/Park Day – If all else fails, if you’re 14 with no money, or just want to do something small – go to the local park or beach and have a picnic, bring some games, and hang out.
Most of the time there are no words that fully express how much we love our mothers. But, it’s like I said, it’s the time that we spend together that counts.
Related: Mother’s Day Gifts
What is something you like to do with your mom? Let me know in the comments below!
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
Christina is a twenty-something living with her beagle, Mash, and husband, Nate in their van. She loves traveling, shopping, art, and photography. She’s also a vegetarian, pop-culture enthusiast, book-lover, and Dave Matthews Band fanatic. Catch her somewhere around the country in a converted camper van or at home in Florida for a visit.