Around my house, there’s one thing that’s synonymous with the holidays and that’s my Grandma’s Apple Sheet Pie. For the past 15 years, I’ve been making my Grandma’s apple pie recipe exactly the way she taught me so many years ago. Up until now I never dreamed of changing it, not even a smidge! While I still didn’t change the ingredients, I did mix it up a little with these Mini Apple Pies. If you’ve read my Grandma’s Apple Sheet Pie post, you’ll see all the ingredients are the same- the only difference is its presentation.
Related Post: Apple Sheet Pie
Bring them to Christmas dinner as a hostess gift or a kids Christmas party. They’ll be a hit either way.
Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
- 3lbs. Gala Apples, peeled and cored
- 2 boxes Pillsbury Pie Crusts
- Cupcake Pan
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour (whole wheat or all-purpose)
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Then whisk the glaze ingredients in a small mixing bowl until creamy and smooth. Set this aside until the pie is finished baking.
- Next, get out your 3 in 1 apple peeler, corer and slicer tool and peel the entire 3lb. bag of apples. In a large bowl, mix all the pie filling ingredients together.
- Next, sprinkle a small handful of flour onto your work surface and unroll 1 crust. Use a cup or glass to make a circle 5” in diameter. This will be used as the bottom crust of each Mini Apple Pie. Make 20 circles.
- Lay 1 dough circle in each cup and gently push down so the dough comes up over the sides.
- Fill each cup with the apple pie mixture.
- Once again, sprinkle flour onto your work surface and use a rolling pin to gently thin out another roll of crust. Use a cup or glass to make a circle 4” in diameter. This will be used as the top crust of each Mini Apple Pie. Make 20 circles.
- Before placing the top on each cup, cut a few small slits in the dough. Once placed on top, gently pinch the edges all the way around each cup. Flute or use a fork to crimp the edges.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 40 minutes until crust is golden brown. Use 2-3” strips of foil to cover the Mini Apple Pies to prevent burning if needed. Remove minis and brush glaze on while still warm.
Cool for a few minutes before serving. Top with Cool Whip or vanilla ice cream. Yields approximately 20 Mini Apple Pies. Enjoy!
What is your favorite holiday dessert? Have you tried my Mini Apple Pies? Share your comments below.
Related Post: DIY Christmas Tree Wrapping Paper
This post contains affiliate links and affiliate advertisements. Affiliate links and advertisements help support From Under a Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- No-Hassle Racecar Box Halloween Costume - October 15, 2018
- How to Prepare Your Kids for Daylight Savings - October 8, 2018
- Insect Scavenger Hunt - October 1, 2018
- Foaming Orange Volcano - September 24, 2018
- Chocolate Avocado Popsicles - September 10, 2018
- Teach Your Child How to Call 911 - September 4, 2018
- Letter B Lesson Plan for Preschoolers - August 27, 2018
- DIY Stress Relief Balm - August 20, 2018
- Letter A Lesson Plan for Preschoolers - July 24, 2018
- Bye Bye Paci- How to Slowly Wean from the Pacifier - July 16, 2018