This year Christmas kind of snuck up on me. If you haven’t been following our social media, you may have missed that I just got married. For the past year, wedding planning has just consumed my life. Now I’m finally ready to get into the Christmas spirit, and I wanted to do something a little different this year.
Instead of buying more (expensive) wrapping paper from all over, I wanted to make my own. And what better way than to use some materials I already have at home. First of all, a roll of kraft paper from the Dollar Tree or Walmart is perfect and will go a long way! It’s so much cheaper than a roll of traditional wrapping paper that won’t last the season. Secondly, it’s just a little more heartfelt to make your own paper. You can do all kinds of variations of this design but I thought Christmas trees were a good place to start.
- Kraft Paper Roll
- Green Acrylic Paint
- *Rafia or Jute Twine
- *Pine tree scraps
Related: Eco-Friendly Gifts
- Trace Christmas tree shape onto a sponge – I recommend using a tree-shaped cookie cutter if you have it. I didn’t have one and it took me a few tries. After you have the shape, cut it out with your scissors.
- Cut the kraft paper into roughly the size that you intend to use and lay it out.
- Pour green paint onto a plate or flat surface of some kind.
- Dip the Christmas Tree shaped sponge into the green paint and begin stamping in lines across the kraft paper.
- Let paint dry.
- Wrap gift.
Optional – Using raffia or jute twine, wrap the gift for extra special rustic touch. Instead of using a bow, use a cut of a pine tree as a garnish for your present!
That’s it! It’s that simple! If you wanted to add some more embellishments you can splash some white paint to look like snow on the trees or even some glitter in the wet paint. Try other shapes too!
Related: 5 DIY Harry Potter Ornaments
Would you make this wrapping paper? Let me know in the comments below and be sure to tag us if you do!
Related: DIY Sock Garland Advent Calendar
- 28 of My Favorite Things! - September 28, 2018
- 28 Songs I Love - September 22, 2018
- 28 Things About Me! - September 14, 2018
- How to Create a Calm Space - August 8, 2018
- Summer Tailgate Essentials - August 1, 2018
- What I’ve been Loving Lately - July 25, 2018
- Top 5 Favorite Travel Destinations – East Coast Edition - July 20, 2018
- A DMB kind of Summer - July 6, 2018
- Update From The Road - June 29, 2018
- Wet n Wild Megalast Catsuit Liquid Lipstick Review - June 15, 2018