I came upon this recipe when my son was experimenting with solid foods. Even from a young age, I could tell he was going to be a picky eater. I originally introduced these yummy Banana Protein Pancakes into his breakfast routine when I was trying to get him to eat more protein. He hadn’t warmed up to the idea or taste of scrambled eggs or even my famous cheese omelet (haha) so I added a little banana, cinnamon, and vanilla extract to the eggs and formed what looks like a carb biscuit to a baby. He gobbled it up. No flour. No butter and no syrup. Bam! I was queen for a day and felt like Emeril Lagasse because I just made the best meal ever…according to a two-year-old!
Related Post: Raspberry Orange Bites
Check out these Easy Banana Protein Pancakes.
3 Eggs, scrambled
1 ½ ripe banana
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
Related Post: Berry and Greek Yogurt Dessert
- Set griddle to medium heat.
- Scramble eggs.
- Mash a ripe banana (brown spots on the peel) on a cutting board.
- Add cinnamon to banana.
- Combine mashed banana and scrambled eggs. Whisk until smooth. There will be some chunks.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Spoon desired amount onto griddle and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
This recipe yields about 15 medium pancakes, perfect for a toddler. My son usually eats about 4 at a time. I find it easiest to make a batch of these Easy Banana Protein Pancakes on Sunday night and then store them in the refrigerator to use throughout the week. Just pop them in the microwave for about 10 seconds and serve!
Have you tried my recipe? Share in the comments below.
This post contains affiliate links and affiliate advertisements. Affiliate links and advertisements help support From Under a Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- DIY Colored Beans for Sensory Play - April 23, 2018
- Toddler Bath Caddy - April 16, 2018
- Paper Plate Handprint Mother’s Day Card - April 9, 2018
- Tips for Child Proofing Your Home - April 2, 2018
- Progresso Soup Stuffed Peppers - March 26, 2018
- 10 Reasons to Choose Cloth Diapers - March 19, 2018
- Tips to Help Moms Stay Happy and Healthy - March 12, 2018
- Float or Sink Game for Toddlers - March 5, 2018
- Tips for Shopping with Toddlers - February 26, 2018
- Creative Kids Art Station - February 19, 2018