I came upon this recipe when my son was experimenting with solid foods. Even from a young age I could tell he was going to be a picky eater. I originally introduced these yummy Banana Protein Pancakes into his breakfast routine when I was trying to get him to eat more protein. He hadn’t warmed up to the idea or taste of scrambled eggs or even my famous cheese omelet (haha) so I added a little banana, cinnamon, and vanilla extract to the eggs and formed what looks like a carb biscuit to a baby. He gobbled it up. No flour. No butter and no syrup. Bam! I was queen for a day and felt like Emeril Lagasse because I just made the best meal ever…according to a two-year-old!
Related Post: Raspberry Orange Bites
Check out these Easy Banana Protein Pancakes.
3 Eggs, scrambled
1 ½ ripe banana
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
Related Post: Berry and Greek Yogurt Dessert
- Set griddle to medium heat.
- Scramble eggs.
- Mash a ripe banana (brown spots on the peel) on a cutting board.
- Add cinnamon to banana.
- Combine mashed banana and scrambled eggs. Whisk until smooth. There will be some chunks.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Spoon desired amount onto griddle and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
This recipe yields about 15 medium pancakes, perfect for a toddler. My son usually eats about 4 at a time. I find it easiest to make a batch of these Easy Banana Protein Pancakes on Sunday night and then store them in the refrigerator to use throughout the week. Just pop them in the microwave for about 10 seconds and serve!
Have you tried my recipe? Share in the comments below.
This post contains affiliate links and affiliate advertisements. Affiliate links and advertisements help support From Under a Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- Turkey Football Footprint Card - November 21, 2017
- Holiday Turkey Candy Bowl - November 13, 2017
- Easy Banana Protein Pancakes - November 6, 2017
- How to Throw a Fun Filled Bridal Shower - October 29, 2017
- Bridal Shower Bucket List - October 23, 2017
- DIY Party Photo Frame - October 16, 2017
- DIY Bride-To-Be Pin - October 9, 2017
- DIY Calming Glitter Jar - October 2, 2017
- DIY Recycling Center - September 25, 2017
- Raspberry Orange Bites - September 18, 2017