Easy Baked Onion Rings are a quick and simple snack to make when the craving for something crisp, crunchy, and sweet takes over. I like to eat them by themselves, but they’re also tasty as a side dish for soup or salad. They go great with my Easy Low-CalorieTomato Soup. Since they’re baked instead of fried they’re healthier but still feel indulgent and satisfying. Best of all, they’re one of those dishes that I almost always have the ingredients for on hand in my kitchen!
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1 C. Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. Melted Margarine or Butter
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Pepper
- 2 Medium to Large Yellow Onions
- 2 Eggs
*Optional: If you like, serve with your favorite dipping sauce or try this Easy Onion Ring Dipping Sauce:
- ½ C. Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Ketchup
- ½ Tbsp. Horseradish
- 1 tsp. Sriracha Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
** I use yellow onions because while they are astringent, they are also sweet. When they’re cooked, yellow onions lose their astringency and become sweeter. Yummy!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Line with tin foil first if desired.
- Combine bread crumbs, melted margarine, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl and stir with a fork.
- Slightly beat eggs in a separate mixing bowl.
- Cut onions into ¼ inch slices and separate into rings.
- Spread about ¼ C. of the breadcrumb mixture onto a dinner plate.
- Using a fork, dip each onion ring into the egg mixture and then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Replenish breadcrumb mixture onto a plate as needed.
- Arrange onion rings onto baking sheets in a single layer.
- Bake each baking sheet 1 at a time for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven, cool to the desired temperature and enjoy!
Related: Everglades-Bacon Deviled Eggs
These Easy Baked Onion rings are so quick and tasty–you can whip some up for an after-school snack for the kids or make some to serve as an easy side dish with tonight’s dinner. No matter how you serve them, they’ll definitely be a hit!
Do you like onion rings? What are your favorite baked and yummy snacks?
Related: Honey Cornbread Muffins
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- How You Can Prevent Microfiber Pollution - July 11, 2018
- Raspberry Skillet Cake - July 3, 2018
- 10 Simple Strawberry Snacks - June 27, 2018
- 5 DIY Natural Plant Insecticides - June 20, 2018
- Coconut Rosemary Hot Oil Hair Treatment - June 13, 2018
- 22 Ways to Avoid Plastic Shopping Bags - June 8, 2018
- DIY Lemon Dishwasher Pods - May 25, 2018
- 10 Eco-Friendly Laundry Tips - May 11, 2018
- DIY Perspiration Stain Remover - May 4, 2018
- 10 Uses for White Vinegar - April 20, 2018