Lately, I’ve taken my DIY laundry techniques up a notch. After all, if I’m giving up harsh chemicals that touch the surfaces in my home, it seems only natural to give up harsh chemicals for clothing—items that actually touch my body.
One of the last remaining DIY laundry methods I’ve put into action is stain removal solutions. Removing perspiration stains can be especially daunting. As with any clothing stain, the best chance of removal occurs when treating the stain right away. Try this DIY Perspiration Stain Remover for effective results.
Related: Quick and Easy Laundry Pods
- 3 C. Water
- 1 ½ C. White vinegar
- ½ C. Baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Hydrogen peroxide
- 1 Tbsp. Washing soda optional
Related: 10 Uses for White Vinegar
- Combine water and white vinegar in large bowl.
- Soak stained clothing in vinegar water for 30 minutes.
- While clothing is soaking, combine remaining ingredients to form a paste.
- Remove clothing from bowl and wring out excess water.
- Lay out clothing on work surface and apply paste to stains.
- Let paste set for 30 minutes.
- Rinse out paste and launder item as usual.
These powerful whitening agents can remove tough to clean perspiration stains and can help increase the life of clothing. Try this DIY Perspiration Stain Remover on all your favorite white shirts!
The above “recipe” will treat the armpit perspiration stains of 1-2 shirts. Double or cut the recipe in half as necessary.
Related: DIY Makeup Remover Wipes
What laundry DIY tricks do you use to clean perspiration off your favorite whites? Which tips work best for you?
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- DIY Lemon Dishwasher Pods - May 25, 2018
- 10 Eco-Friendly Laundry Tips - May 11, 2018
- DIY Perspiration Stain Remover - May 4, 2018
- 10 Uses for White Vinegar - April 20, 2018
- Quick and Easy DIY Laundry Pods - April 6, 2018
- When Your Kid’s Dreams are Hard to Encourage - March 30, 2018
- Simply Fresh Broccoli Soup - March 16, 2018
- How To Get Comfortable With Uncertainty - March 9, 2018
- How to Cut Back on Paper Towels - March 2, 2018
- Easy Baked Onion Rings - February 23, 2018