As a mom of a toddler, I’m always running around the house, running out the door, or running around the yard. Gone are the days when I could sit around, relax, and binge watch my favorite Netflix original. Because I’m perpetually in hurry to get places, I sometimes forget to grab a snack. I like to eat things that I can pop in my mouth that aren’t salty and starchy—you know all the things a toddler loves.
One of my favorites snacks has always been Lara Bars. I can stand in front of a display just staring and contemplating all the delicious flavors—which one will taste the best, which one will hit the spot just right, or which one will curb my appetite? All the choice and flavors and I’ve never had a bad Lara Bar, they’re all great but they are an expensive indulgence. So, after checking the ingredients I knew I could make them myself. There are only 3 ingredients and they’re all easily attainable from your local grocery store.
Related: Easy Semi-Sweet Apple Treat
Check out my DIY Coconut Lara Bars below.
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 10 oz. Pitted Dates
- 3/4 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/8 tsp. Vanilla Extract (optional)
*Yields approximately 15 1″ balls.
Related: 5 Overnight Oatmeal Recipes
- Pulse almonds in a food processor until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Pulse dates in a food processor until smooth.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to mash together and then form into small bars or balls.
- Store in a sealed container.
What’s your favorite homemade snack? I’d love some new ideas. Share in the comments below.
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- Bye Bye Paci- How to Slowly Wean from the Pacifier - July 16, 2018
- DIY Felt Magnetic Fishing Game - July 9, 2018
- Vacation Countdown Calendar for Kids - July 2, 2018
- Guide to the Best Potty Training Chairs and Seats - June 25, 2018
- How to Teach a Toddler the Alphabet - June 18, 2018
- Chemical-Free Coconut Oil Toothpaste - June 11, 2018
- 17 Best Cloth Diapering Accessories - June 4, 2018
- Homemade Coconut Aluminum-Free Deodorant - May 29, 2018
- 11 Must Have Potty Training Tools To Make the Process Easier - May 21, 2018
- 5 Eco-Friendly Beauty Tips - May 18, 2018