A few weeks ago I shared my recipe for Homemade Coconut Aluminum-Free Deodorant so this week I’m sharing another one of my homemade personal care products. This recipe for Chemical-Free Coconut Oil Toothpaste is all-natural, chemical free, and eco-friendly. Over the past few years, I’ve really been trying to eliminate products from my life that are laced with all sorts of unnecessary chemicals in an effort to lead a more natural lifestyle. It’s not easy giving up products that I’ve relied on my whole life but with a little effort, I’ve slowly made some transitions.
I believe if you start small, and be persistent, you can eventually eliminate unwanted products from your life as long as you are aware of the harm they create on your health. In my case, I also had to be willing to put in the effort it was going to take to change my habits. In most cases, that’s the hardest part.
Another thing I love about this DIY Chemical-Free Coconut Oil Toothpaste is that it’s eco-friendly and much safer for the environment. Making your own products at home just means less waste and fewer items that end up in landfills.
Related: DIY Makeup Remover Wipes
Check out this easy recipe for DIY Chemical-Free Coconut Oil Toothpaste below. The coconut oil’s anti-microbial properties are what help eliminate bacteria in your mouth and prevent it from growing. The baking soda adds an abrasiveness to the paste that helps clean away left behind food and also helps to naturally whiten your teeth. I added a little liquid stevia and spearmint essential oil for taste. This recipe doesn’t quite bubble like store bought toothpaste but it does leave my mouth feeling clean without the guilt of unwanted chemicals.
Chemical-Free Coconut Oil Toothpaste Ingredients:
- 1/4 Cup soft coconut oil (not liquid state)
- 6 Tbsp. baking soda
- 40-50 drops spearmint essential oil
- 1-2 drops liquid stevia
- Soften coconut oil but don’t liquefy it.
- Mash in baking soda and whip until smooth.
- Add essential oil and sweetener.
- Store in a sealed jar or bottle.
Related: 5 Eco-Friendly Beauty Tips
Related: 10 Eco-Friendly Laundry Tips
What do you think of my DIY Coconut Oil Toothpaste recipe? Have you ever tried homemade toothpaste? Share in the comments below.
Items to buy on Amazon:
Related: Quick and Easy DIY Laundry Pods
- Letter A Lesson Plan for Preschoolers - July 24, 2018
- Bye Bye Paci- How to Slowly Wean from the Pacifier - July 16, 2018
- DIY Felt Magnetic Fishing Game - July 9, 2018
- Vacation Countdown Calendar for Kids - July 2, 2018
- Guide to the Best Potty Training Chairs and Seats - June 25, 2018
- How to Teach a Toddler the Alphabet - June 18, 2018
- Chemical-Free Coconut Oil Toothpaste - June 11, 2018
- 17 Best Cloth Diapering Accessories - June 4, 2018
- Homemade Coconut Aluminum-Free Deodorant - May 29, 2018
- 11 Must Have Potty Training Tools To Make the Process Easier - May 21, 2018