I’m always interested in DIY treatments and products for my feet. My feet, like most peoples, tend to take a beating– what with being on them all day. Not to mention feet tend to be easier to neglect in the self-care routine. This Olive Oil and Lemon Foot Treatment makes feet super soft and smooth.
The ingredients in this Olive Oil and Lemon Foot Treatment have several properties that are beneficial to dry, rough feet. The Olive oil is extremely moisturizing while both the salt and lemon have antiseptic and antifungal properties.
Related: 5 Eco-Friendly Beauty Tips
- 1 Gallon warm water
- ½ C. Olive oil
- ½ C. Epsom salt
- ¼ C. Lemon juice (approximately the juice of 1 lemon)
- Shea butter foot cream or another thick foot cream
- Pumice stone
- Basin or Bucket
- Assemble all ingredients and materials.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon.
- Fill basin or bucket with warm water.
- Mix Olive oil, Epsom salt, and lemon juice in a basin. Stir well.
- Soak feet 20 – 30 minutes.
- Towel dry feet.
- Rub feet with a pumice stone.
- Apply Shea butter foot cream or another thick cream to feet.
- Put on socks.
Related: How to Create a Calm Space
This is a treatment that’s best done right before bed – that way you can really put up your feet and let them moisturize all night long. If it’s just not possible to do right before bed, at least give yourself a little time to stay off your feet, relax, and let the benefits of this Olive Oil and Lemon Foot Treatment make your feet super soft and smooth. Have you ever tried Olive oil or lemon juice in your foot soaks? What DIY foot treatment works best for you?
- 50 Gifts For The Person Who Has Everything - November 9, 2018
- 5 Items You Should Be Recycling - November 2, 2018
- DIY Body Butter - October 25, 2018
- Simple DIY Lip Balm - October 18, 2018
- Easy Rice Pudding - October 10, 2018
- Pumpkin Honey Muffins - October 3, 2018
- Slow Cooker Baked Apples - September 26, 2018
- Almond Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes - September 19, 2018
- Easy Plant Propagation - September 12, 2018
- How I Gave Up My Environmentally Unfriendly Indulgence - September 7, 2018