Now that summer is here, it’s time for outdoor activities like swimming, picnics, and vacation fun. Unfortunately, summer activities can be rough on our hair. To keep your locks from damage, be sure to use a deep conditioner every week. This DIY Coconut Rosemary Hot Oil Hair Treatment is an excellent way to keep your hair healthy and looking good.
Related: 3 Simple Vitamin E Face Mists
- 2 Tbsp. Liquid (fractionated) Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 10 Drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 5 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 Drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Mix all ingredients in a glass measuring cup.
- Warm in microwave for about 15 seconds. Make sure the oil isn’t too hot before applying.
- Apply to dry hair, massaging in thoroughly.
- Leave in for at least ½ hour or for best results leave in overnight.
- Shampoo twice.
- Style hair as usual.
* I recommend putting an old towel over your pillowcase if leaving oil in while sleeping.
**Makes enough for 1 treatment for long hair of average thickness.
Related: Chemical-Free Coconut Oil Toothpaste
The oils in this recipe will moisturize and nourish your hair. Rosemary promotes hair growth and thickness as does lemongrass and lavender. They are also soothing to your scalp and the senses with their calming scent.
Pamper your hair and yourself this summer with a Coconut Rosemary Hot Oil Hair Treatment. Not only is it quick, easy, and inexpensive to make, it’ll keep you looking and feeling good all season and year round.
Do you like hot oil hair treatments? Have you ever made your own hot oil hair treatment? Let me know in the comments below.
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- 5 DIY Natural Plant Insecticides - June 20, 2018
- Coconut Rosemary Hot Oil Hair Treatment - June 13, 2018
- 22 Ways to Avoid Plastic Shopping Bags - June 8, 2018
- DIY Lemon Dishwasher Pods - May 25, 2018
- 10 Eco-Friendly Laundry Tips - May 11, 2018
- DIY Perspiration Stain Remover - May 4, 2018
- 10 Uses for White Vinegar - April 20, 2018
- Quick and Easy DIY Laundry Pods - April 6, 2018
- When Your Kid’s Dreams are Hard to Encourage - March 30, 2018
- Simply Fresh Broccoli Soup - March 16, 2018