Although gardening is one of my favorite hobbies, the lush green plants that I would bring home from the nursery often turned into brown, dried-up dead things. I just wasn’t able to give them the attention that they needed. Instead of giving up on houseplants, I’ve learned a few tricks to help keep them alive and healthy.
Low maintenance houseplants are the key to success for the gardener who is short on time. These types of plants still thrive even if you aren’t able to devote as much time and attention to them as you’d like. They simply don’t require a lot of care. Even though they’re not fussy, these houseplants still need some care. Here are five tips that help houseplants flourish:
- Follow light and watering requirements faithfully.
- Keep the care instructions spike in the planter. If you don’t like the looks of them, make your own.
- Use watering bulbs.
- Regularly remove faded or dead leaves and flowers. Rotting plant material attracts disease and insects.
- Take care of disease and pest issues as soon as you notice them. Have treatments ready to go- whether you buy them or make them yourself.
Here are some low maintenance houseplants that are hard to kill:
Related: Christmas Cactus Care
Related: DIY Recycle Center
Related: Effortless Aromatherapy
Wandering Jew-medium to bright light; let dry out between waterings.
Let me know what plants you’ve found are low maintenance in the comments below. Or tell me if you know what kind plant my honorable mention plant is!
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- 10 Uses for White Vinegar - April 20, 2018
- Quick and Easy DIY Laundry Pods - April 6, 2018
- When Your Kid’s Dreams are Hard to Encourage - March 30, 2018
- Simply Fresh Broccoli Soup - March 16, 2018
- How To Get Comfortable With Uncertainty - March 9, 2018
- How to Cut Back on Paper Towels - March 2, 2018
- Easy Baked Onion Rings - February 23, 2018
- Soothing Lavender Peppermint Foot Soak - February 16, 2018
- Easy Low-Calorie Tomato Soup - February 9, 2018
- How To Make Decluttering Easier - February 2, 2018