Although gardening is one of my favorite hobbies, the lush green plants that I would bring home from the nursery often turned into brown, dried-up dead things. I just wasn’t able to give them the attention that they needed. Instead of giving up on houseplants, I’ve learned a few tricks to help keep them alive and healthy.
Low maintenance houseplants are the key to success for the gardener who is short on time. These types of plants still thrive even if you aren’t able to devote as much time and attention to them as you’d like. They simply don’t require a lot of care. Even though they’re not fussy, these houseplants still need some care. Here are five tips that help houseplants flourish:
- Follow light and watering requirements faithfully.
- Keep the care instructions spike in the planter. If you don’t like the looks of them, make your own.
- Use watering bulbs.
- Regularly remove faded or dead leaves and flowers. Rotting plant material attracts disease and insects.
- Take care of disease and pest issues as soon as you notice them. Have treatments ready to go- whether you buy them or make them yourself.
Here are some low maintenance houseplants that are hard to kill:
Related: Christmas Cactus Care
Related: DIY Recycle Center
Related: Effortless Aromatherapy
Wandering Jew-medium to bright light; let dry out between waterings.
Let me know what plants you’ve found are low maintenance in the comments below. Or tell me if you know what kind plant my honorable mention plant is!
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- 3 Tips on How To Be a Thoughtful Gift Giver - November 16, 2018
- 50 Gifts For The Person Who Has Everything - November 9, 2018
- 5 Items You Should Be Recycling - November 2, 2018
- DIY Body Butter - October 25, 2018
- Simple DIY Lip Balm - October 18, 2018
- Easy Rice Pudding - October 10, 2018
- Pumpkin Honey Muffins - October 3, 2018
- Slow Cooker Baked Apples - September 26, 2018
- Almond Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes - September 19, 2018
- Easy Plant Propagation - September 12, 2018