I always do my best to recycle or reuse as much as possible, in hopes that maybe I can make a difference in the way that our society consumes and discards resources, materials, and objects. I’m a firm believer that waste doesn’t always have to be wasted. Recycling and reusing the products we consume not only helps the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions, but also helps save money, energy, and natural resources.
My favorite things to save and reuse are old soup cans and glass jars. I’m always thinking “I can make something out of that” or “I can store something in that”! Unfortunately, my husband doesn’t always agree with that logic, nor does he like the excess space my recycling habit takes up in the garage.
In order to keep my recycling organized and my husband from dumping our recyclables in the trash can, I gave my recycling space a little make over with this DIY Recycling Center. I loved it so much that I also did the same thing in my office at work.
Now the pile ups are less and the eye soar it once was looks more organized with designated bins for paper, plastic, and glass. My DIY Recycling Center just screams “please come and discard your plastic water bottles here!”
All you need to make a DIY Recycling Center like mine is storage chest with bins, a printer, and tape. I found my chest at Ikea for around $50. No Ikea close by? They deliver right to your doorstep!
DIY Recycling Center Tools Needed:
-Computer and Printer
-Tape (I used packing tape)
This DIY Recycling center is an easy project that helps motivate my husband and me to recycle more often. Why? Now that the designated recycling area is more organized we’re both not so reluctant to recycle our paper, cans, glass, and plastic.
Save our Earth – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
Do you recycle? Do you save soup cans and glass jars for upcycling projects like me? What’s your favorite item to reuse? Share in the comments below.
- DIY Party Photo Frame - October 16, 2017
- DIY Bride-To-Be Pin - October 9, 2017
- DIY Calming Glitter Jar - October 2, 2017
- DIY Recycling Center - September 25, 2017
- Raspberry Orange Bites - September 18, 2017
- Target Dollar Spot Fall Décor Finds - September 13, 2017
- Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole - September 4, 2017
- DIY Cars Theme Cake Pop Stand - August 28, 2017
- 10 Affordable Fashion Items to Work into Your Wardrobe - August 21, 2017
- How to Survive a Long Car Ride with Your Kids - August 14, 2017