You know it’s officially summertime when school is out and you’ve got little growing kids at home eating everything in sight! I love the summer, especially because I get to experiment with new foods and fun snacks. These Chocolate Apple Pops were a total hit and so refreshingly delicious. They’re fun to make with or without your kids and even more fun to eat!
These Chocolate Apple Pops are so easy and fun to make. All you need is melted chocolate and apples! A few fun toppings add some flare but aren’t really needed. Below, I listed a few that I tried and some that I hope to try the next time I make these.
Related: Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas
I used granny smith apples because I love the taste of the bitter green apples mixed with the sweet taste of chocolate. You can use any apples you like and either milk or dark chocolate. Just slice the apples into thick pieces- about 1/2” to 3/4” thick. Prepare the chocolate by melting it in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stove. Insert the popsicle sticks into the apples after making a small slit with a paring knife. This will allow the stick to go in a little easier.
Related: Chocolate Covered Oreos
Once the chocolate is fully melted, dip the apples, covering as much as possible with chocolate. Lay on a parchment paper lined tray or cutting board. Add toppings and freeze for 5 minutes. For the last step, I added left over chocolate to a sandwich bag and cut off the tip. I then drizzled more melted chocolate over the top of the topped apples. You can also try caramel or white chocolate. Freeze again for 5 more minutes, then serve and enjoy!
- 3-5 Granny Smith Apples
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Popsicle Sticks
- Chopped Walnuts
- Mini M&Ms
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Almonds
- Chopped Oreos
- White Chocolate
- Chopped Maraschino Cherries
- Wash and remove skin from apples.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl using melt option or in 30 second increments for up to 3 minutes. Stir in coconut oil until chocolate is smooth and fully melted.
- Slice apples about 1/2” – 3/4” thick.
- Make a small slit in the bottom of the apple and insert a popsicle stick.
- Line a cutting board with parchment paper.
- Dip apple pops into melted chocolate covering both sides.
- Lay on parchment paper lined tray or cutting board and sprinkle toppings of your choice on top.
- Freeze for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining chocolate to a sandwich bag and cut the tip off. Another option is melted caramel for white chocolate for this next step.
- Remove from freezer and drizzle chocolate or caramel on top.
- Freeze again for 5 minutes.
Related: Berry Delicious Frozen Yogurt Bark
Store in the refrigerator.
What are some of your favorite summertime snacks? If you liked these Chocolate Apple Pops, please pin and share.
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree. They help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep our blog operational. We appreciate your support!
Shop This Post on Amazon:
Hi! I’m Meagan I just turned 40! I’ve been married for 14 years. I’m a proud boy mom, happily navigating my way through the little boy years. I met my husband over 20 years ago in high school; we got married 10 years later after graduating from the University of South Florida. I currently help run a family business with my parents while blogging about my life and love of DIY projects!
When I’m not at a kids sports game, I enjoy spending time with my family on a beach anywhere. I also love decorating and organizing, fun DIY projects, bargain shopping, and eating out or in! I also love Barbecue anything and a good show or movie on Netflix.