Today I’m sharing one of my new favorite dinner recipes your whole family will just love. It’s relatively quick and easy and it’s meatless. My homemade Veggie Ramen Bowl is a much healthier version without the seasoning pack and extra sodium but still has the same great taste. Try it tonight and thank me later!
I have always loved ramen noodles- who doesn’t?! Especially when you’re young and broke and they’re so dang cheap! I’m told, however, that as you get older your pallet evolves and your wallet gets bigger, ramen noodles just aren’t on the menu anymore. Not in my house! I’ve just learned there are better, much healthier ways to prepare them with the same great flavor.
Related: Easy Low-Calorie Tomato Soup
Related: Spinach and Quinoa Salad
Forget about $10 bags of organic ramen noodles- just grab a few Top Ramen or Maruchan Ramen packs, remove the high sodium and, totally unnecessary, seasoning packs and print this recipe for delicious and healthy Veggie Ramen Bowls.
- 4 packs dried Ramen (seasoning removed)
- 12 cps Vegetable Broth ( 3 32oz boxes)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cps shredded carrots
- 2 cps snap peas
- 2 cps chopped mushrooms
- 2- 3 cps chopped kale
- 3 gloves minced garlic
- 1 thumb of grated ginger
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Siracha (or more if you prefer)
- Soft boiled egg
- Chopped green onions
- Hot sauce
**Yields 4 servings
- In a large dutch oven or stockpot, add olive oil and cook carrots and mushroom on medium heat until soft- about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, and sesame oil and stir for 1 -2 minutes.
- Add broth, soy sauce, and sriracha. Simmer for 1-2 minutes
- Add kale and snap peas, stirring until kale is wilted- about 2 minutes.
- Add 4 packages of dried ramen (removing the seasoning pack) and cook just until all the noodles break apart – about 3 minutes. Don’t let them cook too long or they will get mushy.
- Top ramen with soft boiled egg, green onion, hot sauce, jalapeños, or sesame seeds.
Related: Easy Lentil Stew
If you liked this post, please pin and share!
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree. They help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep our blog operational. We appreciate your support!
Shop This Post on Amazon:
Hi! I’m Meagan I just turned 40! I’ve been married for 14 years. She is a proud boy mom, happily navigating her way through the little boy years. She met her husband 20 years ago in high school; they got married 10 years later after graduating from the University of South Florida. Meagan currently helps run a family business with her parents while blogging about her life and love of DIY projects!
When she isn’t chasing her son around and constantly picking up Matchbox cars, she enjoys spending time with her family on a beach anywhere. She also loves decorating and organizing her home, delving into fun DIY projects, bargain shopping, and eating at unique restaurants. She also loves Barbecue anything and a good show or movie on Netflix.