I’m always looking for ways to soften and soothe my tired feet. Still, I often have a hard time sitting still to let my feet soak—even if I happen to be watching T.V. I want to be able to jump up at any time and run and get a drink or find my phone—or whatever. So, if I’m going to confine myself to one spot for 30 minutes, there has to be a worthwhile payoff. This Lavender Peppermint Foot Soak is an excellent way to take care of my feet and relax at the same time.
*I like to grind a total of 1 Cup oatmeal and 1/2 Cup lavender buds at a time, and reserve what I don’t use for 3 future foot soaks. When I’m ready to use the mixture again I just add the salt and essential oils.
*This ingredients list is only for 1 soak*
- 1/4 C. Oatmeal
- 1/8 C. Lavender Buds
- 1 C. Epsom Salt
- 10 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1 Gallon Water
- Food Processor
- Basin/Bucket for Feet
- Grind oatmeal and lavender buds in a food processor until fine and crumbly (about 2 minutes).
- Measure out 1/ 4 C. oatmeal and 1/8 C. lavender into a bowl.
- Divide remaining oatmeal and lavender mixture into 3 additional equal portions and store in small, sealed bowls.
- Add 10 drops lavender essential oil to oatmeal and lavender mix.
- Add 5 drops peppermint essential oil to oatmeal and lavender mix.
- Stir oils into the mixture with a fork until well blended.
- Pour Epsom salt into the mixture and add salt. Blend well with a fork.
- Put 1 gallon of warm water in a basin or bucket.
- Stir lavender and peppermint foot soak into a basin of warm water.
- Soak feet for 20 to 30 minutes and relax.
This Lavender Peppermint Foot Soak will not only soothe and soften your feet, it also gives them a slight tingly refreshing feeling. Lavender and peppermint scents are often used for stress relief and a naturally calming effect. It relieves my feet and calms my spirit at the same time.
Do you use foot soaks to soothe and soften your feet? What scents do find soothing and calming?
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- 3 Tips on How To Be a Thoughtful Gift Giver - November 16, 2018
- 50 Gifts For The Person Who Has Everything - November 9, 2018
- 5 Items You Should Be Recycling - November 2, 2018
- DIY Body Butter - October 25, 2018
- Simple DIY Lip Balm - October 18, 2018
- Easy Rice Pudding - October 10, 2018
- Pumpkin Honey Muffins - October 3, 2018
- Slow Cooker Baked Apples - September 26, 2018
- Almond Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes - September 19, 2018
- Easy Plant Propagation - September 12, 2018