This week I’m doing a simple eye shadow tutorial on a look that I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on. I don’t fancy myself as a beauty guru but I have learned a lot from them. I’ve learned to take chances and experiment with my eye makeup.
I’m using the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bon eye pallet for this look. It’s perfect for a night out with friends or even Date night.
*Start with primed eyelids – I use e.l.f. Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer.
- Using the Real Techniques Bold Metallic brush #200, apply the shade Bordeaux to the outer lid and blend into the crease or fold of the eyelid. (This creates a shadow of the color.)
- Next, using the e.l.f. Eye Shadow brush in #1815, apply Satin Sheets across the eyelid, even blending a little into the outer lid.
- Next, using my favorite makeup brush ever – Luxie Small Tapered Blending brush #231 – apply Malted to the outer v, lightly blending.
- The next step is to line the eyes. In this look, I went with a thin cat eye using the e.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black. Finish it off with your favorite mascara – I usually use Smashbox X-Rated or theBalm MadLash depending on my mood.
- Complete the look using the Real Techniques Pointed Crease brush #201 and line the bottom waterline with Bordeaux on the outer line and Satin Sheets on the inside line. This opens and brightens up the eyes.
There you have it, the finished look! I love how simple this look is. It can be escalated with a thicker cat eye or worn without liner. This is definitely one my favorites!
With Valentine’s Day coming up this is a great look to try on a night out. Let me know in the comments below what you think of this eye makeup look. Also if you do try it, take a picture and tag #fuaptbeauty. I’d love to see it!
- School Supplies for Adults - August 18, 2017
- August Ipsy Review - August 16, 2017
- 9 Things to Always Buy at a Thrift Store - August 9, 2017
- Unique and Affordable Engagement Rings - August 2, 2017
- DIY Harry Potter Wedding Cake Topper - July 26, 2017
- July Ipsy Review - July 21, 2017
- Blogger Recognition Award - July 14, 2017
- A Week in Colorado – Part 3: Adventure Time - July 12, 2017
- A Week in Colorado – Part 2: Copper Mountain - July 5, 2017
- A Week in Colorado – Part 1: Boulder - June 28, 2017