This week I’m doing a simple eyeshadow tutorial on a look that I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on. I don’t fancy myself as a beauty guru but I have learned a lot from them. I’ve learned to take chances and experiment with my eye makeup.
I’m using the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bon eye pallet for this look. It’s perfect for a night out with friends or even Date night.
*Start with primed eyelids – I use e.l.f. Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer.
Related: Top 5 Favorite e.l.f. Products
- Using the Real Techniques Bold Metallic brush #200, apply the shade Bordeaux to the outer lid and blend into the crease or fold of the eyelid. (This creates a shadow of the color.)
- Next, using the e.l.f. Eye Shadow brush in #1815, apply Satin Sheets across the eyelid, even blending a little into the outer lid.
- Next, using my favorite makeup brush ever – Luxie Small Tapered Blending brush #231 – apply Malted to the outer v, lightly blending.
- The next step is to line the eyes. In this look, I went with a thin cat eye using the e.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black. Finish it off with your favorite mascara – I usually use Smashbox X-Rated or theBalm MadLash depending on my mood.
- Complete the look using the Real Techniques Pointed Crease brush #201 and line the bottom waterline with Bordeaux on the outer line and Satin Sheets on the inside line. This opens and brightens up the eyes.
Related: Why I Buy Cruelty-Free
There you have it, the finished look! I love how simple this look is. It can be escalated with a thicker cat eye or worn without liner. This is definitely one my favorites!
With Valentine’s Day coming up this is a great look to try on a night out. Let me know in the comments below what you think of this eye makeup look. Also if you do try it, take a picture and tag #fuaptbeauty. I’d love to see it!
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- What Makes Stainless Steel & Silicone Eco-Friendly - April 25, 2018
- 7 Eco-Friendly Products to Replace Plastic Disposables - April 18, 2018
- Shopping Addictions and Target Wish list - April 11, 2018
- Learning to Let Go - April 4, 2018
- Drugstore Makeup Haul - March 28, 2018
- How to Recycle Mascara Wands – Wands for Wildlife - March 21, 2018
- My Reverse Bucket List - March 14, 2018
- Why Traveling is Good for Your Soul - March 7, 2018
- My Top 5 Favorite Podcasts - February 28, 2018
- What I’ve been Reading, Watching, & Listening to Lately - February 21, 2018