If you’re looking for some fun-filled crafts and activities for teaching your toddler the letter B, check out some of my ideas below in this Letter B Lesson Plan for preschoolers. I use the letter of week strategy to help teach my son the alphabet. Each day I follow a letter specific lesson plan, which you can print for free, and incorporate sensory and fine motor play to engage his senses. So far, it has been going great and little by little he gets more excited to learn his letters.
Reading, crafts, sensory, and fine motor play are all great ways to engage a toddler or preschooler when teaching the alphabet.
Don’t be intimidated if your toddler doesn’t take to the lesson plan right away. It took my son a few weeks but eventually, he got the hang of it and started to look forward to activity and craft time.
Below, you can print my free Letter Bb Lesson Plan that includes flashcard study, crafts, reading, activities, and worksheets— all concentrating on the letter B. You can also find some substitute crafts and additional resources below.
Print your Free Letter B Lesson Plan below.
Free worksheets, flashcards, and books to buy and download from the above lesson plan:
Free download- Letter B alphabet book The Measured Mom.
Letter B Crafts:
- Uppercase B-Bunny
- Lowercase b- baseball bat & ball
- Paper Plate Bear
- Toilet Paper Roll Bumblebee
Letter B Books:
Letter B Activities:
- Make Your Own Bouncy Balls
- Balloon Painting
- Bean Sensory Box
- Button Play- Fill in Block Letter with Buttons
- Bus Box
Related: DIY Colored Beans for Sensory Play
Letter B Worksheets:
- Bumblebee Pom-Pom Play
- Letter Recognition-B is for Baseball
- Counting Jelly Beans
- Bear Puppet
- Letter Workbook/Tracing
- Uppercase B- Bear
- Handprint Butterfly
- Lowercase b-beans
- Paper Plate Bear Mask
- Paper Plate Beach Ball
- Handprint Birds
- Paint with Bubbles
- Bird Hunt with Binoculars
- Paint Wooden Boat (buy figure from Joanne Fabrics)
Print my Free Letter B Lesson Plan here.
Related: How to Teach a Toddler the Alphabet
What’s your approach to teaching the alphabet to your preschooler? What are some of your favorite activities and crafts for teaching your toddler the letter B?
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
Things to Buy on Amazon:
- Bedroom Closet Reorganization Tips - January 23, 2019
- Teaching Your Child to Count to 10 in Spanish - January 15, 2019
- Teaching Your Child Their Phone Number - January 8, 2019
- Christmas Tree Magnet - December 21, 2018
- Christmas Tree Handprint Ornament - December 11, 2018
- DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree - December 3, 2018
- Thanksgiving Turkey Wind Blower - November 20, 2018
- Thanksgiving Turkey Magnet - November 13, 2018
- Feed the Turkey- Fine Motor Development Game - November 6, 2018
- Underground Discoveries-Letter U Sensory Bin - October 29, 2018