Meal time is stressful when you have a growing toddler. One day, all is good and they gobble up anything you put in front of them. The next day, they throw it your face. Dry, salty snacks that are loaded with carbs usually do the trick as a quick and easy snack, but they also get boring. If you’re looking for something a bit healthier than the average toddler snack, try these Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas. They can be whipped up in a hurry from ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, they’re fun to eat, and just enticing enough for toddlers to gobble up without a fight.
These Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas are also a great snack for teething babies. Try them plain without the toppings for smaller babies and the frozen fruit will help soothe achy gums.
Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas Ingredients Needed:
- 2 Ripe bananas
- Popsicle sticks
- Parchment Paper
- Yogurt flavor of your choice (I used 2 GoGurt packs)
- Various Toppings (I used rainbow sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, chopped almonds, and crushed S’mores Goldfish.)
*Not keen on sweets? Try crushed cheerios instead of S’mores Goldfish.
- Crushed graham crackers
- Chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Crushed Cheerios
*2 bananas yield 6 Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas
Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas Directions:
- Slice each banana into thirds.
- Slide a popsicle stick into each banana.
- Twirl each banana in a bowl of yogurt and rest on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Set aside your toppings in small measuring bowls. Next sprinkle Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas with toppings of your choice.
- Freeze for a few hours and serve.
These treats are not only great for teething babies and toddlers but mom and dad can sneak a few as a late-night guilt free indulgence.
What’s your favorite topping on Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas? Share in the comments below.
Check out these related posts:
- Raspberry Orange Bites - September 18, 2017
- Target Dollar Spot Fall Décor Finds - September 13, 2017
- Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole - September 4, 2017
- DIY Cars Theme Cake Pop Stand - August 28, 2017
- 10 Affordable Fashion Items to Work into Your Wardrobe - August 21, 2017
- How to Survive a Long Car Ride with Your Kids - August 14, 2017
- Easy Sesame Pork Stir Fry - August 7, 2017
- 10 DIY Summer Popsicles - July 31, 2017
- Beach Vacation Packing List for a Toddler - July 24, 2017
- 5 Easy Ways to Donate to Schools - July 17, 2017