Meal time is stressful when you have a growing toddler. One day, all is good and they gobble up anything you put in front of them. The next day, they throw it your face. Dry, salty snacks that are loaded with carbs usually do the trick as a quick and easy snack, but they also get boring. If you’re looking for something a bit healthier than the average toddler snack, try these Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas. They can be whipped up in a hurry from ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, they’re fun to eat, and just enticing enough for toddlers to gobble up without a fight.
These Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas are also a great snack for teething babies. Try them plain without the toppings for smaller babies and the frozen fruit will help soothe achy gums.
Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas Ingredients Needed:
- 2 Ripe bananas
- Popsicle sticks
- Parchment Paper
- Yogurt flavor of your choice (I used 2 GoGurt packs)
- Various Toppings (I used rainbow sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, chopped almonds, and crushed S’mores Goldfish.)
*Not keen on sweets? Try crushed cheerios instead of S’mores Goldfish.
- Crushed graham crackers
- Chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Crushed Cheerios
*2 bananas yield 6 Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas
Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas Directions:
- Slice each banana into thirds.
- Slide a popsicle stick into each banana.
- Twirl each banana in a bowl of yogurt and rest on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Set aside your toppings in small measuring bowls. Next sprinkle Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas with toppings of your choice.
- Freeze for a few hours and serve.
These treats are not only great for teething babies and toddlers but mom and dad can sneak a few as a late-night guilt free indulgence.
What’s your favorite topping on Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas? Share in the comments below.
Check out these related posts:
- Creative Kids Art Station - February 19, 2018
- Mini Construction Site Sandbox - February 12, 2018
- Food Pantry Organization Tips - February 5, 2018
- Everglades Bacon Deviled Eggs - January 29, 2018
- Valentine’s Day Fun Finds Under $30 - January 22, 2018
- Green Energy Smoothie - January 15, 2018
- Make Your Food Last Longer - January 8, 2018
- 5 Easy Ways to Reduce Food Waste - January 2, 2018
- Mini Apple Pies - December 18, 2017
- Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Beauty Gurus - December 12, 2017