Meal time is stressful when you have a growing toddler. One day, all is good and they gobble up anything you put in front of them. The next day, they throw it your face. Dry, salty snacks that are loaded with carbs usually do the trick as a quick and easy snack, but they also get boring. If you’re looking for something a bit healthier than the average toddler snack, try these Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas. They can be whipped up in a hurry from ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, they’re fun to eat and just enticing enough for toddlers to gobble up without a fight.
These Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas are also a great snack for teething babies. Try them plain without the toppings for smaller babies and the frozen fruit will help soothe achy gums.
Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas Ingredients Needed:
- 2 Ripe bananas
- Popsicle sticks
- Parchment Paper
- Yogurt flavor of your choice (I used 2 GoGurt packs)
- Various Toppings (I used rainbow sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, chopped almonds, and crushed S’mores Goldfish.)
*Not keen on sweets? Try crushed cheerios instead of S’mores Goldfish.
- Crushed graham crackers
- Chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Crushed Cheerios
*2 bananas yield 6 Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas
Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas Directions:
- Slice each banana into thirds.
- Slide a popsicle stick into each banana.
- Twirl each banana in a bowl of yogurt and rest on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Set aside your toppings in small measuring bowls. Next sprinkle Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas with toppings of your choice.
- Freeze for a few hours and serve.
These treats are not only great for teething babies and toddlers but mom and dad can sneak a few as a late-night guilt-free indulgence.
What’s your favorite topping on Frozen Yogurt Covered Bananas? Share in the comments below.
Check out these related posts:
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- 11 Must Have Potty Training Tools To Make the Process Easier - May 21, 2018
- 5 Eco-Friendly Beauty Tips - May 18, 2018
- DIY Coconut Larabars - May 14, 2018
- How to Use a Prefold Diaper on Your Baby - May 7, 2018
- Shape Recognition Activity - April 30, 2018
- DIY Colored Beans for Sensory Play - April 23, 2018
- Toddler Bath Caddy - April 16, 2018
- Paper Plate Handprint Mother’s Day Card - April 9, 2018
- Tips for Child Proofing Your Home - April 2, 2018
- Progresso Soup Stuffed Peppers - March 26, 2018