If you’ve read some of my recent posts, you know I’ve been kind of obsessed with sensory bins and fine motor development games. Both are great ways to help children explore and stimulate the 5 main senses. At the same time, they can help develop the skills needed to learn how to use their hands. Which is why I love this Feed the Turkey-Fine Motor Development Game.
Related: DIY Colored Beans for Sensory Play
I’ve been teaching my 3-year-old son the alphabet for the past 5 months and every week I try to incorporate some sort of sensory bin play or fine motor development game. I have found that this type of play best inspires his ability to learn, ask questions, and have fun. During the letter T week, I put together this simple fine motor development game that can also double as a fun Thanksgiving activity.
Related: Foaming Orange Volcano
While using the tongs to pick up and transfer pom-poms from the bin to the bottle, my son is able to practice using his hands in a way that’s necessary for full dexterity. “Feeding” the turkey pom-poms is his favorite part. He fills up the bottle, dumps it out, and then starts all over.
Related: DIY Magnetic Felt Fishing Game
Feed the Turkey-Fine Motor Development Game Supplies Needed:
- Plastic Container w/ Lid
- Empty Plastic Bottle (I used a Dunkin Donuts coffee drink bottle)
- Multicolored pom-poms
- Small kitchen tongs
- Colored Feathers
- Large Googly Eyes
- Construction Paper
- Hot Glue Gun
Related: Mini Construction Site Sandbox
Most of the supplies can be found at the dollar store and assembled quickly to make your own Feed the Turkey- Fine Motor Development Game. I store my game in a container with the lid so it can be used over and over.
What kind of fine motor development games do you like to play with your child? Share in the comments below.
This post contains affiliate links and advertisements. Affiliate links and affiliate ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- Thanksgiving Turkey Magnet - November 13, 2018
- Feed the Turkey- Fine Motor Development Game - November 6, 2018
- Underground Discoveries-Letter U Sensory Bin - October 29, 2018
- No-Hassle Racecar Box Halloween Costume - October 15, 2018
- How to Prepare Your Kids for Daylight Savings - October 8, 2018
- Insect Scavenger Hunt - October 1, 2018
- Foaming Orange Volcano - September 24, 2018
- Chocolate Avocado Popsicles - September 10, 2018
- Teach Your Child How to Call 911 - September 4, 2018
- Letter B Lesson Plan for Preschoolers - August 27, 2018