Bubbles are one of my son’s favorite outdoor activities. Not only does he love to blow them but he also loves to run around and chase them. I don’t know what it is about bubbles that kids go crazy for but I don’t care because I know when I take them out it’s at least a good 30 minutes of fun and running around. My favorite time to play with bubbles is right before nap time—the running around gets him all tired out and ready to sleep.
This DIY Valentine’s Day Bubble Blower is lots of fun for kids of all ages. With very little supplies you can have loads of fun and laughter with your little one.
Related: DIY Stress Relief Balm
DIY Valentine’s Day Bubble Blower Supplies:
- 1 CLEAR plastic cup (best for seeing the bubbles form in the cup
- 1 straw
- Equal parts clear dish soap and warm water- no more than 1/2 the cup total
- 2-3 drops red liquid food coloring
- Fill the cup up with equal parts of clear dish soap and warm water. Do not fill the cup up more than half way. Add a few drops of red liquid food coloring and stir gently.
- Puncture a small hole in the cup about 1/2” above the water line and feed the straw through it.
- Bring cup outside for red bubbly fun because it will make a little mess. Feed the straw down into the soap mixture and gently blow to make bubbles.
Related: DIY Shape Recognition Activity
Something to keep in mind is that these aren’t like the typical store bought bubbles. As you blow, the cup will start to fill up with bubbles. Then, blow them off the top of the cup into the air.
Remind your little one not to suck in-which may be their first instinct with a straw. I did a few practice rounds with my 3-year-old before we poured the bubble mixture into the cup.
Related: Chemical-Free Coconut Oil Toothpaste
Have you tried this DIY Valentine’s Day Bubble Blower? I’d love to hear your comments below.
- DIY Valentine’s Day Bubble Blower - January 29, 2019
- Bedroom Closet Reorganization Tips - January 23, 2019
- Teaching Your Child to Count to 10 in Spanish - January 15, 2019
- Teaching Your Child Their Phone Number - January 8, 2019
- Christmas Tree Magnet - December 21, 2018
- Christmas Tree Handprint Ornament - December 11, 2018
- DIY Hot Wheels Christmas Tree - December 3, 2018
- Thanksgiving Turkey Wind Blower - November 20, 2018
- Thanksgiving Turkey Magnet - November 13, 2018
- Feed the Turkey- Fine Motor Development Game - November 6, 2018