Since I love my DIY laundry pods, I decided it was time to make my own DIY Dishwasher Pods. They’re super simple to make and just as cost effective. Of course, I love them too! If you want to cut back on or eliminate toxic household cleaners from your life, give these DIY Lemon Dishwasher Pods a try!
Related: Quick and Easy DIY Laundry Pods
- 1 C. Baking Soda
- 1 C. Washing Soda
- 1 C. Salt
- ¼ C. Citric Acid
- 1 C. Water
- 20 Drops Lemon Essential Oil
- ½ C. Vinegar (for each load)
- Silicone mold tray or ice cube tray
Related: 10 Eco-Friendly Laundry Tips
DIY Lemon Dishwasher Pods Directions:
- Stir all dry ingredients (baking soda, washing soda, salt, and citric acid) in mixing bowl.
- Add water to dry ingredients. The mixture will start fizzing. Wait until fizzing subsides (about a minute or so) before stirring.
- Add essential oil and stir thoroughly.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp. of mixture into tray compartments. Tap lightly to even out the mixture. If you do not have a silicone or ice cube tray, you can scoop 1 Tbsp. of mixture onto a foil or parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Let pods harden for several hours or overnight before removing them from the tray and/or using them.
- Pour ¼ C. vinegar into the rinse compartment of your dishwasher with each load. This helps prevent streaking.
*Store in an airtight container. Makes 36 pods.
Related: 10 Uses for White Vinegar
All of these ingredients are easy to buy at your local grocery store except citric acid. In the past, I looked all over for it and never did find it locally. Finally, I had to buy it online from Amazon. The citric acid helps keep hard water stains at bay so I wouldn’t leave it out. Citric acid is also a must-have ingredient if you’re going to make homemade bath bombs—so there’s something fun to do with the leftovers!
Are you a fan of cleaning pods and homemade cleaning products? What’s your favorite?
This post contains affiliate links. and advertisements. Affiliate links and ads help support From Under A Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- 3 Tips on How To Be a Thoughtful Gift Giver - November 16, 2018
- 50 Gifts For The Person Who Has Everything - November 9, 2018
- 5 Items You Should Be Recycling - November 2, 2018
- DIY Body Butter - October 25, 2018
- Simple DIY Lip Balm - October 18, 2018
- Easy Rice Pudding - October 10, 2018
- Pumpkin Honey Muffins - October 3, 2018
- Slow Cooker Baked Apples - September 26, 2018
- Almond Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes - September 19, 2018
- Easy Plant Propagation - September 12, 2018