For the past few months I’ve been diligently planning the details of my younger sister’s bridal shower. She decided on a garden theme waffle brunch with gold accents for a little glitz. My nights have been spent gluing, folding, sewing, cutting, and re-gluing; I’ve got Band-Aids on multiple fingers, broken nails, and glitter everywhere. The shower went off without a hitch this past Sunday so I can finally start blogging about all the shower plans and DIY décor. One of my favorite items I made for her bridal shower is this DIY Bride-To-Be Pin, which I gave to her as a gift the morning of her shower. There are very little supplies needed and steps are easy. It costs less than $20 to make this DIY Bride-To-Be Pin.
DIY Bride-To-Be Pin Supplies:
-Cream Lace Ribbon
-1 White Flower
-Wooden Button- 1”
-1 Off White Accent Flower
-1 Small Pink Accent Flower
-1 Pearl Button
-1 Pin Back
-Needle & Cream Thread
-Small Piece of Twine
DIY Bride-To-Be Pin Steps:
- Start by cutting a piece of lace ribbon approximately 6” long. Fold it to look like a fan and secure the end using a needle and thread.
- Next, attach your main flower and accent flower with hot glue or needle and thread.
- Attach the lace to the bottom of your two flowers so just a small portion is peeking out from behind the flowers.
- Using hot glue or thread, attach greenery to the middle, right side of your pin.
- Thread a small piece of twine through the holes of your button and glue the ends down on the reverse side. Write Bride to Be on the front of your wooden button with a permanent marker.
- Glue button over greenery, slightly under your accent flower.
- Glue a pearl button in the center of your small pink accent flower and then attach it with hot glue between your button and main flower.
- Add any extra greenery or small flowers if desired. I added some plastic greenery and an extra pink flower.
- Sew a pin on the back of your flower. Voilà!
Related posts: 3 Step DIY Distressed Picture Frame
I’ve been working on a lot of DIY shower projects so check back for more garden themed bridal shower décor and games including a floral photo backdrop, glitter photo frame, bridal jeopardy game, mimosa bar, bridal shower welcome sign with guest flower crowns, prizes, and a bride and groom bucket list.
All my DIY shower ideas, including this DIY Bride-To-Be Pin, are easy and affordable. They make great shower gifts that any bride to be would love.
Any bridal shower plans for a friend or family member in your future? Try my easy DIY Bride-To-Be Pin and share pictures and comments below. #FUAPBRIDE
This post contains affiliate links and affiliate advertisements. Affiliate links and advertisements help support From Under a Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
Meagan is in her mid-thirties and has been married for almost 10 years. She is a proud boy mom, happily navigating her way through the toddler years. She met her husband 20 years ago in high school; they got married 10 years later after graduating from the University of South Florida. Meagan currently helps run a family business with her parents and sister, while blogging about her life and taking care of her three-year-old son full time (at work)!
When she isn’t chasing her son around and constantly picking up Matchbox cars, she enjoys spending time with her family on a beach anywhere. She also loves decorating and organizing her home, delving into fun DIY projects, bargain shopping, and eating at unique restaurants. She also loves Barbecue anything and a good show or movie on Netflix.