For the past few months I’ve been diligently planning the details of my younger sister’s bridal shower. She decided on a garden theme waffle brunch with gold accents for a little glitz. My nights have been spent gluing, folding, sewing, cutting, and re-gluing; I’ve got Band-Aids on multiple fingers, broken nails, and glitter everywhere. The shower went off without a hitch this past Sunday so I can finally start blogging about all the shower plans and DIY décor. One of my favorite items I made for her bridal shower is this DIY Bride-To-Be Pin, which I gave to her as a gift the morning of her shower. There’s very little supplies needed and steps are easy. It costs less than $20 to make this DIY Bride-To-Be Pin.
DIY Bride-To-Be Pin Supplies:
-Cream Lace Ribbon
-1 White Flower
-Wooden Button- 1”
-1 Off White Accent Flower
-1 Small Pink Accent Flower
-1 Pearl Button
-1 Pin Back
-Needle & Cream Thread
-Small Piece of Twine
DIY Bride-To-Be Pin Steps:
- Start by cutting a piece of lace ribbon approximately 6” long. Fold it to look like a fan and secure the end using a needle and thread.
- Next, attach your main flower and accent flower with hot glue or needle and thread.
- Attach the lace to the bottom of your two flowers so just a small portion is peeking out from behind the flowers.
- Using hot glue or thread, attach greenery to the middle, right side of your pin.
- Thread a small piece of twine through the holes of your button and glue the ends down on the reverse side. Write Bride to Be on the front of your wooden button with a permanent marker.
- Glue button over greenery, slightly under your accent flower.
- Glue a pearl button tin the center of your small pink accent flower and then attach it with hot glue between your button and main flower.
- Add any extra greenery or small flowers if desired. I added some plastic greenery and an extra pink flower.
- Sew a pin on the back of your flower. Voilà!
Related posts: 3 Step DIY Distressed Picture Frame
I’ve been working on a lot of DIY shower projects so check back for more garden themed bridal shower décor and games including a floral photo backdrop, glitter photo frame, bridal jeopardy game, mimosa bar, bridal shower welcome sign with guest flower crowns, prizes, and a bride and groom bucket list.
All my DIY shower ideas, including this DIY Bride-To-Be Pin, are easy and affordable. They make great shower gifts that any bride to be would love.
Any bridal shower plans for a friend or family member in your future? Try my easy DIY Bride-To-Be Pin and share pictures and comments below. #FUAPBRIDE
This post contains affiliate links and affiliate advertisements. Affiliate links and advertisements help support From Under a Palm Tree and help pay for web hosting, email delivery, domain registration, and other various fees that help keep From Under A Palm Tree operational. We appreciate your support!
- DIY Party Photo Frame - October 16, 2017
- DIY Bride-To-Be Pin - October 9, 2017
- DIY Calming Glitter Jar - October 2, 2017
- DIY Recycling Center - September 25, 2017
- Raspberry Orange Bites - September 18, 2017
- Target Dollar Spot Fall Décor Finds - September 13, 2017
- Crock Pot Hamburger Casserole - September 4, 2017
- DIY Cars Theme Cake Pop Stand - August 28, 2017
- 10 Affordable Fashion Items to Work into Your Wardrobe - August 21, 2017
- How to Survive a Long Car Ride with Your Kids - August 14, 2017